Scared Leave Chicks Alone While I Go To Bed

tiawieclaw

In the Brooder
Jun 19, 2020
This is really stupid but I don’t know what to do. last night was the first night with my new chicks and i’m scared to leave them alone for longer than an hour and a half. What can I do to make sure they are ok for a couple of hours while i sleep? They have had pasty butt but they are all clean for now but if i let them be for a couple of hours and they get more poop stuck will they die? How long can they last with a bit of poop stuck? So far the pasty butt hasn’t come back on the worst chicks but one chick is having minor issues. Any information helps!

If they are clean now, they will probably be okay till morning. What's the temperature on the floor of their brooder and what are you feeding them? Do they have plain water available?
I’m feeding them basic chick starter from Tractor Supply Co they only had one type. They also have a bit of grit beside it. I have a heat bulb at 90 degrees because at 95 they were staying at the other corner but at 90 they are comfortable on both sides. They have water that doesn’t get poop in it that much they just keep kicking shavings in it but I will clean it before I go to bed. Is that good for them?

Back
Top Bottom