Scared. Miss-counted my days....

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Chickengal505, Mar 16, 2011.

1. Chickengal505

Chickengal505 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 4, 2010
    Bolivia N.C
    I have 42 eggs in the bator. I know I shouyld have written it diwn but I forgot exactly the day I set my eggs [​IMG] That means I put them in "lockdown" To early which means I took them out of the turner early [​IMG] Are they gonna be okay? Please somone set my worried, sick mind at ease.

2. Lacrystol

Lacrystol Hatching Helper

Jun 13, 2009
    Diamond, Ohio
    I did the same thing, if you get a response let me know. I'm on day 3 of lockdown, mine are due to hatch tomorrow and put them in lockdown 18 hours to soon, I have see some movements in 3 out of 11 eggs, but nothing as cracked opened yet.

3. pawtraitart

pawtraitart Chillin' With My Peeps

May 30, 2007
    Idaho
    I've put eggs into lockdown a full day early and I had a good hatch. Apparently it's not that critical so late in the incubation process.

4. Buck Creek Chickens

Buck Creek Chickens Have Incubator, Will Hatch

Nov 26, 2008
    Neenah, WI
    Quote:have you candled, if the shell is full of chick, you can stop your turner, you can stop as early as day 14, but if your keeps going even after hatch starts its OK to, the reason for stopping is in most small turners if you don't stop it your babies can get stuck in the turner and get killed. its not a thing to worry about, happy hatching ( I've had a full batch hatch while the turner was still going, great hatch too)

Last edited: Mar 16, 2011
  5. Chickengal505

Chickengal505 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 4, 2010
    Bolivia N.C
    Quote:[​IMG]
    have you candled, if the shell is full of chick, you can stop your turner, you can stop as early as day 14, but if your keeps going even after hatch starts its OK to, the reason for stopping is in most small turners if you don't stop it your babies can get stuck in the turner and get killed. its not a thing to worry about, happy hatching ( I've had a full batch hatch while the turner was still going, great hatch too)

Thank You so much [​IMG] I can't be but about two or three days early and I was about to have a moment Im hoping for a good hatch. This is my first hatch and I am hoping for good results.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by