**Scared of...Dogsss..**

Tripp16

Songster
8 Years
May 26, 2011
North Carolina
Hi everyone!!! Im a little nervous because my neighbors got a new beagle. Well my chickens are used to my layed back lazy English Bulldogs and when this little beagle came over and started harrassing my little bantams it freaked them and me out!!

I have a bantam pair in a hutch that allows them to come down on the ground but can go back up in the hutch if needed.

My little bantam rooster Paislee poor guy is trying to protect his little hen Gracie. I feel bad and im scared he may get one of them. Should I do something??

tlagnhoj

In the Brooder
9 Years
Apr 9, 2010
Indy
Politely tell the neighbor to keep his/her dog in his/her yard? I think that's what I would do. No dog, no problem.

Tripp16

Songster
8 Years
May 26, 2011
North Carolina
Quote:The thing is they have been very nice when my dogs wander into their yard so I feel that I dont have room to talk. But they dont have chickens!

extraordinaryfowl

Songster
8 Years
Sep 6, 2011
Lancaster, PA
No, your neighbors should. As long as your chickens stay on your property there should be no reason that their beagle can harass them. If they wander to the neighbors on the other hand a different story, but as long as they stay on your land you are in the clear.

tlagnhoj

In the Brooder
9 Years
Apr 9, 2010
Indy
Quote:The thing is they have been very nice when my dogs wander into their yard so I feel that I dont have room to talk. But they dont have chickens!

Circumstances have changed. If they can't understand that, then perhaps a fence is in order. You know what they say about fences?
I think it follows that your dogs will have to cease wandering onto their property as well.

Top Bottom