**Scared of...Dogsss..**

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Tripp16, Sep 7, 2011.

1. Tripp16

Tripp16 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2011
    North Carolina
    Hi everyone!!! Im a little nervous because my neighbors got a new beagle. Well my chickens are used to my layed back lazy English Bulldogs and when this little beagle came over and started harrassing my little bantams it freaked them and me out!! [​IMG]
    I have a bantam pair in a hutch that allows them to come down on the ground but can go back up in the hutch if needed.

My little bantam rooster Paislee poor guy is trying to protect his little hen Gracie. I feel bad and im scared he may get one of them. Should I do something?? [​IMG]

2. tlagnhoj

tlagnhoj Out Of The Brooder

Apr 9, 2010
    Indy
    Politely tell the neighbor to keep his/her dog in his/her yard? I think that's what I would do. No dog, no problem.

3. Tripp16

May 26, 2011
    North Carolina
    Quote:The thing is they have been very nice when my dogs wander into their yard so I feel that I dont have room to talk. But they dont have chickens! [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. extraordinaryfowl

extraordinaryfowl Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 6, 2011
    Lancaster, PA
    No, your neighbors should. As long as your chickens stay on your property there should be no reason that their beagle can harass them. If they wander to the neighbors on the other hand a different story, but as long as they stay on your land you are in the clear.

5. Tripp16

May 26, 2011
    North Carolina
    Quote:My chickens only freerange when I allow them to (which is always supervised). [​IMG]

6. tlagnhoj

tlagnhoj Out Of The Brooder

Apr 9, 2010
    Indy
    Quote:The thing is they have been very nice when my dogs wander into their yard so I feel that I dont have room to talk. But they dont have chickens! [​IMG] [​IMG]

Circumstances have changed. If they can't understand that, then perhaps a fence is in order. You know what they say about fences? [​IMG] I think it follows that your dogs will have to cease wandering onto their property as well.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by