1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Scared of shadows (and rabbits!)

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by ChickenPeep, Oct 8, 2011.

1. ChickenPeep

ChickenPeep Faith & Feathers

May 1, 2011
    Olathe, Kansas
    Today i brought my chickens home (from where they usially live) for a play date!!
    While having the over, i realized how many things theyre scared of! Falling leaves, rakes, bags, balls, small birds, and rabbits! It just so happens that i have a rabbit! Whenever she came out of her cage, the chickens would run away like the cute, harmless little thing is a murdeder!! One time, Pepper (the bunny) came frolicing down her little ramp right down to my Red sex link hen named Peach. Peach got down really low, wings out, all puffed up, and staring down feircely at little harmles little Pepper. Pepper lifted her head to give Peach a sniff, and just like that, there goes Peach running and screaming like Pepper was a monster!! [​IMG]
    But anyway, chickens are scared of the weirdes things!!

Heres little pepper. in the second pictuure you can see Patches too. Patches is a guinea pig.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 9, 2011
  2. Farm_Maven

Farm_Maven Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2011
    Tishomingo
    how cute!!

3. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    [​IMG]

4. zathura12

zathura12 Out Of The Brooder

Sep 30, 2011
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. ChickenPeep

May 1, 2011
    Olathe, Kansas
    What weird things are your chickens scared of?

6. GardenGal

GardenGal Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2011
    Western WA
    Oh my WORD, that's a cute bunny! And guinea pig [​IMG]

Our chickens are mostly afraid of logical things, such as jets and coyotes. (Jets are logical 'cause they're loud and overhead) Though they didn't like it when I went by them with a shovel today. What surprises me most is the things they aren't scared of. Power tools being the main one [​IMG]

7. ChickenPeep

May 1, 2011
    Olathe, Kansas
    Quote:Hmmmm....... Im thinking Pennsylvania chickens are very differens from Kansas chickens!

8. GardenGal

GardenGal Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2011
    Western WA
    My bad for describing our location like everyone knows where it is, Olympic Peninsula, Western Washington [​IMG]

9. ChickenPeep

May 1, 2011
    Olathe, Kansas
    Hahaha! I just quickly glanced at it and thought it said Pennsylvania!! Hahaha! Well, either way, i think they're different!!

10. Mommy 2 Wee Ones

Mommy 2 Wee Ones Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2011
    North Texas
    We live not far from the JRB (Joint Reserve Base) so we have jets, transport planes flying over our house daily, two dogs running in the yard, plus to active little girls, and none of these things faze them. My chickens only run for cover when they hear a hawk, and if they see me coming out of the house, they come running at me, thinking I have a snack for them. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by