Scared!!!! Vomiting sebright

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by mconro, Jul 29, 2010.

1. mconro

mconro Out Of The Brooder

Jul 3, 2010
    God morning. We have a 7 week old sebright male. Growing wonderful except for a little bit of a deformed beak. He has been in the house in a dog carrier as his pen mates are at the coutny fair. As my daughter was watching him (she is 15 and VERY attached to this little guy) he threw up what looked like water. (Kinda slimy when she wiped it up) She said he didn't eat anythign bad as he is always sitting on her when he isn't in his cage. (Just likea parrot. It is crazy!!)

Any ideas?? Is this a serious issue???

Thanks for any help!
    A concerned chicken grandma

2. BeccaOH

BeccaOH Morning Gem Farm

Oct 3, 2008
    east central Ohio
    If you pick up a chick/chicken/duck/duckling and the like that has just taken a drink, you can get spit up on. Our hands often seem to squeeze it out of them even if we are gentle. It is probably just something like that.

3. BeccaOH

BeccaOH Morning Gem Farm

Oct 3, 2008
    east central Ohio
    Are you having any more issues with your sebright? I really have never heard of or seen a chicken vomit due to sickness. Most sickness seems to come out the rear. [​IMG]

4. mconro

Jul 3, 2010
    Nope. No more vomiting with sebright! Thanks so much!

My aunt has raised parrots and they vomit as a sign of affection! I wonder if that was what he was doing. He is super attached to my daughter.

Thanks again!
    Myia

5. X2Farm

X2Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 6, 2010
    Homer, GA
    I had a 2wk ol Welsummer pullet do that to me Saturday, scared the dickens outta me! Even seperated her for a while to see if she did it again.... She was 100% normal aside from that clear "vomit" which I came to the conclusion was water she'd just drank. Guess I just scared her a bit and caused her tummy some aggrivation lol Added her back to the others that night, and she's A ok!

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2010
  6. mconro

Jul 3, 2010
    I know! All you do is run through your mind all the diseases you have read about. Mine is also doing fine. He was the only one that had to stay back from the fair and he is having some serious readjustment problems. So, he is in a LARGE wire kennel that I keep my dog in while we are at work. Pretty crazy. I have a cage with a chicken in the house. (My daughter takes him out on a regualr basis as long as we aren't having chicken for dinner! lol)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by