Scared...

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by AccentOnHakes, Oct 5, 2011.

1. AccentOnHakes

AccentOnHakes Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 2, 2009
    There's been a shooting this morning, and we're not allowed to go to school because they haven't caught the gunman yet.

[​IMG]

2. willowbranchfarm

willowbranchfarm Chicken Boots

Oct 3, 2011
    Virginia
    My Coop
    Thants scary so sorry. I'm home schooled so that has never happend to me. What state are you in?

3. ramirezframing

ramirezframing Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2011
    Knee Deep
    [​IMG] So sorry to hear this, it is very scary. I pray everyday that this or something like it doesn't happen at the school my kids go to.

4. kuntrygirl

kuntrygirl Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

Feb 20, 2008
    Opelousas, Louisiana
    I would be scared as well. Be safe. [​IMG]

5. AccentOnHakes

Oct 2, 2009
    We just got a phone call from the police with a description of the shooter. I highly doubt that we will go to school today. Most other schools are in lockdown today, mine is closed.

I'm at my friend/ neighbor's house because my mom has to work, and there is NO WAY I am staying home alone.

ETA: There was also a second shooting about 5 miles away by a person who matched the description of the first shooter, however the police don't know if it is the same person or not.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2011
  6. kuntrygirl

kuntrygirl Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

Feb 20, 2008
    Opelousas, Louisiana
    Quote:Have you made contact with your mom so that she knows that you are safe and doing ok?

7. AccentOnHakes

Oct 2, 2009
    Yeah, we got the phone call early in the morning. She knows what's going on. She also knows that I'm at my friend's house. The call came at about 7:30 in the morning, and she left around 8:45. It just sucks knowing that there's a killer out there somewhere....

I was just looking out the window and the sky is so beautiful.... too bad nobody's in the mood on enjoy it.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by