*Scary incident!!!!!*

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by Tripp16, Jun 20, 2011.

1. Tripp16

Tripp16 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2011
    North Carolina
    Wow! Ok well we had out first huuugeee scare today!! Heres the story!

Well I went to the kitchen to check supper and I go to the back door and look out the window and what do I see my Golden Retriever and Italian Greyhound chasing one of my poor hens around the yard. Luckily my dogs heard the tone in my voice when I went running out there and they imeidately backed off (whew!). Luckily I got out there in time so all that was lost some feathers! [​IMG]

I checked her for any wounds but didnt find any just missing feathers. [​IMG]

I put her up in the coop make sure she has water and is settled down and go to walk back to the house. When I see my worst nightmare! My neighbors standing right by where I had gotten the chicken......we arent supposed to have them where we live [​IMG]

Luckily our neighbors have chickens too. I just hope they dont report us to the HOA!

I dont now what I will do if I lose my babies! [​IMG]

Anything that I can do for her that I havent?? [​IMG]

2. the*chicken*chik

the*chicken*chik Out Of The Brooder

Jun 20, 2011
    tennessee
    we are having the same problem. our neighbor dont want us to have them. we are not in city limits but it is in our subdivision contract. but the subdivision is 28 years old. wander if they can make me give up my babies? we do not have an association of any kind.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2011
  3. Tripp16

Tripp16 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2011
    North Carolina
    the*chicken*chik :

we are having the same problem. our neighbor dont want us to have them. we are not in city limits but it is in our subdivision contract. but the subdivision is 28 years old. wander if they can make me give up my babies? we do not have an association of any kind.

Exactly!! Can they make me give them up? I mean what court will take that case??​

4. gale65

gale65 Chillin' With My Peeps

If your neighbors have illegal chickens too, I don't see why they would report you. If they did, you'd be able to report them too. Unless you mean it was a different neighbor that saw you than the one that has chickens.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by