1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Scary night

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by windyacre1, Apr 13, 2017.

1. windyacre1

windyacre1 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 21, 2017
    upstate N.Y.
    My 8 week old chicks have been in their coop for 3 nights now, I could not sleep last night because I knew the temperature was going to drop down to 37 and they are not use to it being below 50. I went in this morning thinking they would be all huddled together in the corner in the straw pile. When I opened the coop door I did not see them any where"s and then I looked up and they were on the window, the 3 biggest one's where on the top of the window and the 3 smaller one's where on the lower window sill. I was happy, and so were the biggest one's because they could not decide how to get down, so I helped them and they just joined the other three eating breakfast already. It was warmer in there than I thought it would be, but it is in a big barn and then the coop so they have double protection. Just thought I would share my fear, it is all a learning experience for me. I am having fun with them. Thanks for every one's advise and encouragement.

2. eggbert420

eggbert420 Chillin' With My Peeps Premium Member

Feb 15, 2017
    Texas
    :thumbsup

3. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
  4. windyacre1

Mar 21, 2017
    upstate N.Y.
    Thanks I am new at this. Did you get my question on how you keep your choc lab so calm around your chickens, because mine just wants to eat them, or chase them. I do not know what to do with him.

5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    I know the feeling, so glad you crew did great.[​IMG]

6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Windy Acre, I think Redsoxs keeps missing your question. You can send him a pm. Go to his avatar, hover over his user name and it will give you the choice of sending a pm. Click on that and ask him your question about the Lab.

7. windyacre1

Mar 21, 2017
    upstate N.Y.
    Thanks I was beginning to wonder how come he kept avoiding the question. Hopefully soon I will get this down pat.

8. BYCforlife

BYCforlife Chillin' With My Peeps

Hello, windyacre1! welcome to the forum![​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by