1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Scary Stories

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by bettymae83, Oct 25, 2015.

1. bettymae83

bettymae83 Out Of The Brooder

Oct 16, 2015
    Hoopa, Ca.
    I love scary stories and scary movies. I have such an active imagination, I scare myself all the time. My property has a rich, thick local scary legend history, so maybe that's why LOL I was raised with it. So in honor of Halloween I want to share a story that scared the crap out of me the first time I heard it.

Do you have a favorite story to share? It doesn't matter if it's true or not, feel free to share. You can post as many as you want! I can't wait to read, or watch what you post!!!

2. Ameraucanas

Ameraucanas Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2015
  3. adroit14

adroit14 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2015
  4. bettymae83

Oct 16, 2015
    Hoopa, Ca.
    Crap, it won't let me open them at work. I will definitely check them out when I get home though.

5. bettymae83

Oct 16, 2015
    Hoopa, Ca.
    So I work at the local clinic, it used to be the old hospital until it burnt down. When I first started here I was on call housekeeping. I worked until 10:30pm and it was dark and spooky. One night you could hear something in the crawl space above, and voices echoing from the nurses station around the corner. Well I was the only one in the clinic at the time, and I was totally spooked. I never told anyone what happened until today. I now work the phones in the administration building, and the current housekeeper came in and was asking for the boss. She had a complaint to make about staff messing with her on the night shift. Crawling in the crawl space, talking around corners, opening and closing doors. Uhhhhhh it's no one messing with you, its whatever is in the clinic. Our boss jumped into the convo and told us, that his wife was working late, and the ambulance base (which right across the parking lot) called to say someone was walking in the lobby. She went to investigate, and just like a scary movie, the lights went out. She grabbed her cell phone to see if the screen was bright enough,of course it wasn't. She turned the video camera on, so the flash would stay lit up, and in the video that she unintentionally took, was an old woman standing in the window looking in at her. But she says that the woman was not there when she was looking around.

6. OrganicFarmWife

OrganicFarmWife Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 21, 2015
    No where Nebraska
  7. OrganicFarmWife

OrganicFarmWife Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 21, 2015
    No where Nebraska

This is from last year. Still creeps me out a bit, I guess because it hits close to home.

8. bettymae83

Oct 16, 2015
    Hoopa, Ca.
    I can't wait to get home and watch these!! Me and my daughter are going to be up all night LOL

9. adroit14

adroit14 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2015
    Yeah, every night qhen i got to sleep, i put headphones on and listen to scary stories. It creeps me out, especially the ones about strange animals.

10. bettymae83

Oct 16, 2015
    Hoopa, Ca.
    It's so easy to get spooked out where I live, and on my property. We have a Medicine trail behind my property that leads about 1/4 down to where we currently rent, threw this yard and down across the river, up the mountain to some dance grounds. This is not a "good" medicine either. This trail is used by the Putowon (POO-TOE-WON) which is a shape shifter, a witch type person. A medicine man/woman that does evil and not good. Or so our Tribal legend says so.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by