Scaryest moment in my life...( an my chickens)

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by redneck farmer, Feb 6, 2013.

1. redneck farmer

redneck farmer Chillin' With My Peeps

Well about three days ago I was putting my chicks in a small carrying box to transport them to the front yard to play an scratch around... I had just put my littlest chick in the box ( felma lue) when I turned around to grad another one I heard what sounded like a large * thump scratch an a little peep* when I turned around I saw my dog running off an I could see felma lues little black wing hanging out! :( :( so I got up an ran as fast as I could an slapped dog in the back of his head an his jaw dropped open an felma lue fell out.................... An got up an * peep peep peep!!!!* I was so scared then I was relieved to see she was ok!! Luckily my dog is as old as dirt so his teeth ain't sharp no more infact they are really dull! But felma lue was safe! No blood no cuts! ( just a few missing feathers :) )

2. Chic_girl

Chic_girl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 23, 2011
    Near Columbus OH
    Oh, my! Quick thinking there- Another moment and you dog would have had that chick! I'm glad the story turned out well, but you might want to try training your dog that your chicks aren't snacks, or this kind of thing could happen again.

3. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Wow! That was lucky!

4. redneck farmer

I was training him when he did it!
    Oh, my! Quick thinking there- Another moment and you dog would have had that chick! I'm glad the story turned out well, but you might want to try training your dog that your chicks aren't snacks, or this kind of thing could happen again.
    [/quote.

5. Eggnog101

Eggnog101 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2012
    Oh my! I'm glad poor Felma Lue is okay! I'll never forget the day my dogs ate one of my Buff Orpingtons (Rest in peace Buffy) but, they later made up for it by eating a chicken hawk that had been stalking my flock. (Yay Milkshake! The Dog that never gets full!)

6. redneck farmer

Hahahaha

7. Chic_girl

Chic_girl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 23, 2011
    Near Columbus OH
    Everything okay now? Did you let your chicks out again? I don't know about you, but it was a beautiful Feb. day here in Ohio- it made me wish I had some chicks to take outside!

8. redneck farmer

Yes they have been out lots of times after that... But not today it's raining in fl

9. little farmer

little farmer Chillin' With My Peeps

Phew!!! So glad that Felma Lue is okay!!!

10. NotableNancy

NotableNancy Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    Glad she is ok and I LOVE that name!!! Felma Lue So cute :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by