Scenes from my backyard! Lots o Pics!Sorry Dialuppers.

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by SpottedCrow, Jun 17, 2007.

1. SpottedCrow

SpottedCrow Flock Goddess

These are from last year...when I was trying out my new digital.
    This is the left side of the yard, facing towards the side.
    [​IMG]
    This is the left side, facing towards the front.
    [​IMG]
    There are Pine Trees, Lamium(Dead Nettles), Baltic Ivy, Blackberry Brambles, Inkberry(Pokeberry), and a few Nightshades which I need to pluck.
    This is the back of the house, where our patio is...Lots of Hostas(aka Triffids)LOL
    [​IMG]
    Our big Snowball Bush
    [​IMG]
    Close Up of one of the flowers
    [​IMG]
    These are from yesterday and today...
    Most are from my front yard. Before and After pics.
    Getting all the supplies together.
    [​IMG]
    The potential garden...
    [​IMG]
    More of the potential garden...
    [​IMG]
    Red Hens and Chicks in an Oak Barrel.
    [​IMG]
    Hens and Chicks with Salvia
    [​IMG]
    Finished Barrel with Marigolds added.
    [​IMG]
    Rosebush around the Light Pole.
    [​IMG]
    With Black Dragon Coleus in the Light Pole Garden
    [​IMG]
    Marigolds in the Window Box
    [​IMG]
    Lavendar on the front stoop.
    [​IMG]
    Scented Geranium on the front stoop.
    [​IMG]
    This is where my garden usually grows...
    [​IMG]
    Blackberry Blossoms
    [​IMG]
    A lone Peony
    [​IMG]
    Eggplant hanging
    [​IMG]
    Cukes on the ends and Butternut Squash in the middle
    [​IMG]
    Tomatoes and Pepper
    [​IMG]
    More from the backyard
    This is a raised bed that the girls like to dust bathe in when things aren't blooming.
    Multiflora roses, a lovely invasive plant.
    [​IMG]
    The roses again with some Faerie Flowers.
    [​IMG]
    Lamium and Multiflora roses in the left side garden.
    [​IMG]
    Close up of the Multiflora roses.
    [​IMG]

2. thechickenwhisperer

thechickenwhisperer Out Of The Brooder

ooooo spottedcrow, you are almost to 1000 posts! That deserves some applause! [​IMG]

BTW lovely pics!

3. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Lovely garden! That's what I've been doing all day too! Went to Walmart and they had all these plants on sale. Since the azaleas had all bloomed already, I picked up a red azalea for $3.41 as well as a rhododendron for the same price. I would have picked up more if I knew how much space we had! They had all kinds of stuff that may have just had a few brown leaves and will be thrown out if not bought.

Spotted, those snowball flowers look like hydrangea. I've always wanted one! They actually change color with the acidity of the soil. I believe you can add coffee grounds to make the pink, purple and blue. Very pretty flowers!

I've always wanted a scented geranium. What kind is yours? I love rose geraniums. They have such a wonderful scent! An herb farm by us had a seminar last year on scented geraniums that my mom and I went to. They had pineapple, orange, cinnamon, rose, and every other scent you can think of in geraniums. You can even cook with them!

I love coleus too. I've always had some, but haven't gotten any yet this year. They get huge!

4. SpottedCrow

Scary isn't it, TCW? Shows how much time I spend that could be better used doing other things...Nah!!! LOL
    Chicker, the Quincy Wallyworld had Grapes, Blueberries, and Blackberries marked down, but they were all just sticks! :mad:
    The geranium came in a scented flower basket I got from Proflowers. It just said scented geranium and it's not blooming yet. I also got Lavendar which I gave to my mother-in-law because the one I bought her looked crappy. And Lemon Verbana...I've always wanted one!
    My FIL LOVES Coleus. He has them up and down the front steps. When these go to seed, I'll save some of the seeds for him for next year.
    I got a Dieffenbachia for a buck and a half because of brown dried leaves and he's looking really good.
    I needed to get my garden started earlier, but with the stupid weather, it just didn't happen.

5. erinm

erinm Posting For A change

Feb 24, 2007
    Central Massachusetts
    I love my gardens also. I don't know how to post photos though. I am inept at technology really, But i have a nice big vege garden, a lavender garden in progress, A woodland garden with hostas primrose, cedum,and all sorts of lillies and a hosta garden in progress at the front side of the house.Ther is some creeping phlox in that one also and the other. I had a
    hydrangea with great expectations to acid it to blue but it died during transplant so I don't know. maybe I will try again.

spotted crow, Are those nettles the stinging nettle you are talking about ?because those hurt like the dickens! I get welts and the entire hand will start to throb, { or foot, or leg, wherever it has come into contact. Erin m

6. SpottedCrow

They're no relation thankfully...I have a Thistle for that. LOL
    Posting photos is easy, so easy that I can do it.
    You have to host them someplace on the web. Most of us use Photobucket, cuz it's free. You upload the pictures to your account. Then open another tab and log into here. Start a new topic, then go to Photobucket and right click on the IMG part of the link section. That will copy the link. Come back here and hit paste. And then click on preview and see if your pic comes up. If it does, then you're golden...

7. edbama2

edbama2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2007
    Slocomb, Alabama
    Great pictures, I need some help with my landscape! Are you available for a vacation? LOL! I can put up a septic for a RV easily or you can use my RV. I am only an hour away from Panama City Beach. White Sands! [​IMG]

8. SpottedCrow

Most everything in my yard is perennials thankfully...I just get surprised every year when they come back up. LOL

9. Judymae

Judymae Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2007
    Merit, Tx
    I LOOOOOVE your hostas. Mine come back every year but they are so puny. I have mine in the shade because that's what the package said to do. Should I have them somewhere else?

10. SpottedCrow

These ones seem to like both and they get both sun and shade during the day...Of course these guys have got to be at least 20 years old...they've been coming up since we've lived here which will be 15 years in November. I wouldn't be surprised if they came with the house way back in 42.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by