scgamecock, Let's See Pics of George/Georgia!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by speckledhen, Jun 30, 2008.

1. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Clean out your inbox, Marlon! I'm happy to hear from you. Missed you around BYC lately. So, you think Georgia is George, huh? Love to see those pics!

2. scgamecock

scgamecock Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2008
    Conway SC
    I'm at work but I will try to get some good one's this afternoon.I thought she was going to be a pullet but then she started to develop a comb and wattles really quick but lately the comb hasn't got any brighter and I can't see any evidence of pointed hackle feathers yet.

3. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

I had an Orp pullet fool me very badly once, Marlon. Had her pegged as a cockerel, but she turned out to be just a slow feathering young lady. Cant wait to see those pics, buddy!

4. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Not to steal your thread Cyn, but Marlon how did your blue wyandotte eggs do?

5. scgamecock

Jan 18, 2008
    Conway SC
    She or He is completely feathered out and I would call it's color a medium blue.It's between 8 and 9 weeks old so there's still time to fool me.What's so odd is I hatched a couple of egg's from Julie in Michigan along with your eggs and I have another one that's looks just like Georgia except it's a little darker in color.She has a big Blue Opr rooster but she has only buff pullets so I can't figure that one out.The only thing I can think of would be her Black Australorp pullet crossed with the Blue Orp.The only other egg of her's that hatched in that batch is a definate pullet and she looks just like the other two except she is smut black.I'll get a picture of all three to post.

6. scgamecock

Jan 18, 2008
    Conway SC
    Quote:I have 3 and they are doing great.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by