Schaghticoke Chicken Swap

Discussion in 'Chickenstocks, Shows, Meet-Ups' started by train2110, Mar 4, 2011.

1. train2110

train2110 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 6, 2010
    eastern New York
    There is normally a chicken swap at the Schaghticoke NY fairgrounds in the spring. I have not heard anything about it yet this year. Anyone in the Eastern New York area heard anything yet? [​IMG]

Last edited: May 1, 2011
  2. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

Yup, its going on. Did a search last week. Will be Sunday, May 1st. http://www.townofbrunswick.org/documents/Winter2011Newsletter.pdf

The Grange members hope you had an enjoyable Fall and are now looking forward to Spring. The
    organization had a successful Tailgate Sale at the Schaghticoke Fairgrounds in October and will be
    holding their next one on Sunday, May 1, 2011.

I think last year it was $10 or $15 to sell. I plan on going again this year. [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 4, 2011
  3. train2110

Jul 6, 2010
    eastern New York
    Thank you! [​IMG]

I live just up the road and missed it last year. There is nothing on the fairground website and i was getting a little worried. We will be looking at buy, suprise suprise! Picked up six batams in the fall, but want to add more standard size to the flock.

Again, thank you!

4. SundownWaterfowl

Quote:Your welcome!

Last year they were late on putting it up on the fair website. I kept checking the website last year and finally asked on here. [​IMG]

5. train2110

Jul 6, 2010
    eastern New York
    You can ALWAYS rely on BYC! [​IMG]

6. chicks for better health

chicks for better health Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2008
    West Glenville, NY
    Quote:I think last year it was $10 or $15 to sell. I plan on going again this year. [​IMG]

What do you need to do to become a vendor?

7. SundownWaterfowl

Quote:I think last year it was $10 or $15 to sell. I plan on going again this year. [​IMG]

What do you need to do to become a vendor?

Last year I believe it was $10 or $15 to sell. You just show up and pay the vendor fee and set up.

8. train2110

Jul 6, 2010
    eastern New York
    That is what makes this swap so nice. Just a bunch of regular folks selling chickens, ducks, pigs, rabbits, goats, etc. Usally from the back of a truck or stationwagon. No commercial vendors / company.

Nothing but good ol' chicken folk.

I may but a sticker on my truck with my username on it and see if anybody on here notices...

Last edited: Mar 17, 2011
  9. chicks for better health

chicks for better health Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2008
    West Glenville, NY
    Does anyone know what time it starts?

10. train2110

Jul 6, 2010
    eastern New York
    I think they at 8am. I would get there five minutes early, they tend to sell all the good stuff FAST!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by