School Cancled!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by BarredCometLaced, Aug 28, 2011.

1. BarredCometLaced

BarredCometLaced Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2011
    Northern NH
    Our first day of school is canceled due to tropical storm Irene, and its not even that bad up here.

2. Nicole01

Nicole01 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 28, 2011
    MN
    Quote:It's better to be safe then sorry. It's my understanding that hurricanes can either get stronger or weaken depending on the sky conditions. I'm sure they don't want hundreds/thousands of kids stranded at school without their parents. That would be really scary for some kids.

Stay safe!

3. BarredCometLaced

BarredCometLaced Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2011
    Northern NH
    Well at our school it would be more like 300 kids [​IMG] I am glad that it is not as bad as the states south of us [​IMG]

4. Kaitie09

Kaitie09 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2009
    South Central, PA
    My campus shut down tomorrow. It was supposed to be our first day of school too. They just want to be safe and make sure there is no damage before they allow students back.

5. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

My understanding is that the danger lies in downed power lines that are exposed to or in standing water.

6. Kaitie09

Kaitie09 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2009
    South Central, PA
    They probably want to clear all the debris too. Here at my house the entire yard and driveway is covered in leaves and branches.

7. Brianm97

Brianm97 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2009
    Connecticut
    were out. like the entire state is. We didn't even get hit that hard.... imo... (first hurricane) they are already getting rid of Feb. vacation and starting school next week I believe is the deal GENERATOR!! YAY

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by