School hatch project

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by gabrielle1976, Apr 17, 2009.

1. gabrielle1976

gabrielle1976 Overrun With Chickens

Feb 21, 2009
    Columbia river gorge
    Well today is day 9 for the eggs we set in my sons classroom, we are useing a LG w fan and atuo turner. (Thanks to purplechicken)
    We set about 30 eggs some shipped and some local. We had two shipped eggs start leaking clear fluid within 24 hours like they had gotten scrambled, not like rotten leaking.
    so far 21 have viens and about 14 of those I saw the babies, about 7 are green or blue so they are harder to see. The turkey egg is clear [​IMG] I was very sad about that. Only one of the white eggs is growing , what is it with shipped white eggs I have only ever had one shipped white egg this egg do anything.
    You should have seen me today I was candleing in the staff bathroom and there were like 3 people in there with me looked pretty funny when we all came out of this one person privte bathroom [​IMG]

So far so good , keep the fingers crossed and the hatching vibes comeing , so far we have only had one spike to 101.2 Im nervous all weekend till I can go check it again .

2. I'vegotchickenfever

I'vegotchickenfever Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2009
    Northwest Florida
    I was candleing in the staff bathroom and there were like 3 people in there with me looked pretty funny when we all came out of this one person privte bathroom

[​IMG]

Congrats and Good Luck! [​IMG]

3. Davaroo

Davaroo Poultry Crank

Feb 4, 2007
    Leesville, SC
    Quote:Thats neat. I dont recall doing this when I was kid.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by