1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

School Project -- Eggs Needed

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by KNAndrs, Feb 14, 2012.

1. KNAndrs

KNAndrs Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 29, 2011
    Superior, WI
    So I work in an out-patient school/treatment facility as a counselor. I am in the classroom on a daily basis working with the teachers and getting the kids through school, then I come home to my wife, kids and the chickens. The teachers at my school have ordered an incubator based on my passion for chickens and raising chickens. The teachers are awesome, now I have to find 40+ eggs to fill the incubator.

If anyone is willing to help out and ship us a half dozen to a dozen "interesting breeds" of chickens I would be really appreciative. We live up north so hardy breeds would be awesome! The chicks would be added to the mixed flock of EE, Leghorns, cochins and red sex links that we have already.

It would be awesome to add some Naked Necks, Marans, Lakenvelder, Icelandics, or anything else you think is "fun" or "odd".

We are asking for donations of eggs to be shipped to me at work, once the chicks are hatched they be added to our flock, sent to another farm to assist in bug control or sold to pay for the feed costs.

Our Hatch Starts: FEB 29th!

Eggs can be shipped to

ATTN: Ken Andrs
    110 W Redwing St
    Duluth, MN 55803

Thanks for your help, please post here if you are willing to assist us or PM me.

KEN

Last edited: Feb 16, 2012
  2. MamaMarcy

MamaMarcy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 28, 2011
    Snohomish, WA
    I'd be thrilled to donate some of our buckeye cross eggs if you like? They are crossed with either wyandotte, barred rock, black sex link, white rock, americana, cuckoo maraan, buff orpington...

Let me know if those will work ok?

Oh there's a small chance instead of buckeye our bantam frizzle rooster could be the dad. I had him out one day recently with the girls.

3. KNAndrs

KNAndrs Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 29, 2011
    Superior, WI
    Thank you everyone for your support!!! Anyone else care to help?

KEN

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by