Scissor beak chick pipped at wrong end

Mysmallflock

Chirping
Aug 26, 2019
I have one chick left to hatch and the problem is she has scissor beak and is Pipped on the wrong end. I have removed the shell so it’s just the membrane after 24 hours but I still don’t wanna open her egg just Incase. I don’t know what to do.

That probably means she didn't absorb the whole yolk. We definitely need pictures- if she hasn't absorbed it properly, that's very likely going to kill her, not least because it often indicates an internal malformation.
Also, a scissor-beak chick, pipped at the wrong end, with an unknown internal issue of some form? If she makes it, don't breed her.
thanks for this i completely forgot about this thread!! she ended up making it! we kept her in the house for so long to monitor her she became a house chicken lol!! she now lives with a friend and is the only chicken in the house

It’s not horrible very mild case she has escaped her egg but she has a small bit of like a lump in the spot where her yolk sack had been absorbed. She is laying around and sleeping and hasn’t tried walking. Out of all 8 eggs she is the only one with this problem.

That probably means she didn't absorb the whole yolk. We definitely need pictures- if she hasn't absorbed it properly, that's very likely going to kill her, not least because it often indicates an internal malformation.
Also, a scissor-beak chick, pipped at the wrong end, with an unknown internal issue of some form? If she makes it, don't breed her.

Back
Top Bottom