Scoobie doobie do, where are you?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by havi, Jan 28, 2009.

1. havi

havi [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Si

Mar 23, 2008
    Waco, Texas
    I have two eggs that Im not sure who they came from. All I have to take pictures with is my camera phone, so the pictures arent that great. But the two eggs in question are a pinkish color egg #6 and #7. Number 1 and 2 are what my rhode island red lay. When my BOs are laying they lay a light brown, just a shade or two lighter than what egg number one looks like. And number 3, 4 & 5 are what my two EE's lay. The only hens I have are: 1 RIR, 2 EE, 2 BO, and one RIR. Plus an Araucana chick who isnt old enough for anything yet! One BO is molting and the other BO is broody right now.

Whos laying the two pink eggs? (number 6 & 7)

[​IMG]

2. JustChicky

JustChicky Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 14, 2008
    East Texas
    I have a girl that I think is a BO and she lays larger, pink tinted eggs like that.

Ooops, maybe the EE. sorry [​IMG] But they look exactly like the eggs I get from that girl.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2009
  3. Teach97

Teach97 Bantam Addict

Nov 12, 2008
    Hooker, OK
    its the rooster! or maybe a duck...or a quail...would you believe I have had way too much Mt. Dew!!! [​IMG]

4. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    Very hard to guess, because my RIR lays eggs like 6 & 7- light pink. And big eggs. Sorry I can't be of help!

5. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    Quote:[​IMG] That stuff will do you in! [​IMG]

6. havi

havi [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Si

Mar 23, 2008
    Waco, Texas
    Correct me if IM wrong, but once a chicken starts laying eggs wont it pretty much stay true to that color? For example.. my RIR lays a dark brown egg theres no way it will lay a green egg right?

So how is it that my RIR lays dark brown eggs, my two BOs arent laying right now and my two EEs lay a green egg, but yet here it is that I have two pink eggs? [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by