My coop construction actually began in the middle of March. I just did a little here and a little there as I found time amongst the million of other things I need to do. The first 2 pictures are pictures of our old coop which was bulit last year. It is only 4 X 7. These are pictures of the rear of the coop. The stone wall you see is a remnant of a big greenhouse that was there long ago. The chicken's run includes the wall. They have to hop over it to go from one part of the run to the other. They like perching on it and all that hopping gives them excercise! Picture #3 shows the blocks that I am setting the new coop on. It's going to be 6 X 14 with 2 doors. I'll be creating a seperate rooster room about 6 X 4 so the hens can live in peace! Picture #4 shows how I'll be building next to the stone wall. That's proving to be a real bottleneck! I am actually further along than these pictures show. I managed to get the floor pieced together in a few days and the walls are now framed out. Today I finished framing out the little ventilation doors and began bracing it. I'll be posting pictures as I get them developed. I'm in the old 35mm school. The wood I am using is reclaimed roughsawn wood. We salvaged this from 3 buildings we had to tear down. One building was a big turkey coop and one was actually a HUGE 2 floor chicken coop. They really were beyond repair or we would have kept them!