Scooter Grandma!

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by HHandbasket, Jul 9, 2010.

1. HHandbasket

HHandbasket The Chickeneer

On top of everything else I've done to reduce my carbon footprint and decrease my cost of living, I got rid of my minivan & now I ride a scooter! I've been riding it for a few months now, and I just had some body work done to change her from a nice silver with a brown leather seat to a GORGEOUS girly pink with a black cloth seat. This was taken yesterday:

[​IMG]

Riding has become not only my primary mode of transportation but also a really fun hobby. She has a trunk that sits on the back rack (not on the bike yet in the picture), and it's very roomy. You would be surprise how much stuff I can carry home from the feed store in the back of that thing!

Hubby has a scoot, too.

Anyway, just wanted to share. [​IMG] [​IMG]

Ciao (LOL).

2. CoopCrazy

CoopCrazy Brooder Boss

Mar 3, 2009
    Columbus,IN
    You look awesome.. Have fun

3. High Roost Ranch

High Roost Ranch The Chicken Whisperer

Wait! Back up a sec... you said you can BRING THINGS HOME FROM THE FEED STORE IN THAT? Like what? Surely you can't fit a bag of feed in it, can you? Funny I saw this post because I was contemplating getting one of these when I get to MN. I'll be working a mile from home, and my horses will be across the street from me. It will be convenient and cheap to have one. [​IMG]

4. HHandbasket

HHandbasket The Chickeneer

Well let's see... what can I fit in my scooter trunk.... I went to the feed store on my scooter about 3 weeks ago and picked up 10 pounds of chicken scratch, 10 pounds of grower crumble, a hanging water bottle (like in rabbit cages... keeps my chickens' water cleaner that way), and a bag of doggie snacks for Ginger. Still had room for my fanny pack. The scooter trunk is not pictured there. I'll look for another pic of my bike with the trunk attached so you can see. The trunk is HUGE. Plus there is storage room under the seat where I keep a motorcycle cover, a pair of riding gloves (hot pink and black, of course), The Club antitheft device (you put it around the wheel & it's like a boot... the bike won't roll... if anyone wants to steal it, they have to know the bike is there, go get about 6 big guys and a big truck and pick it up that way because it won't roll.

They're less than $2K brand new out the door. I *highly* recommend them. My worst gas mileage I've gotten is about 74 mpg on this thing when I had a full trunk and the windshield attached. My last 2 tanks, I've averaged 83 & 81 mpg, respectively. Insurance runs about $15 a month. TOTALLY worth it.

5. High Roost Ranch

High Roost Ranch The Chicken Whisperer

Wow, I agree that's really enticing. I wouldn't be able to use it year though with the snowy months in MN, but it would surely pay for itself at all other times. But I buy my feed by several hundred pounds at a time, so it wouldn't work for that purpose. That's so cool how you PINKED it out. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by