Scooter my 'scovy, quacks when startled...huh?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by PlumTuckered, Aug 20, 2010.

1. PlumTuckered

PlumTuckered Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2007
    Arkansas
    Ok we have been under the impression that Scooter is a little boy. The only noises he's ever made are a very pretty whistling trill sound. Well twice this week when startled, Scooter quacked. Does this mean Scooter is a she? Do the drakes quack when startled? Scooter is 13 weeks old.

Michelle

2. keeperofthehearth

keeperofthehearth Chillin' With My Peeps

Scooter should begin "hissing" regularly pretty soon if a drake. Once drakelets lose their "baby voices" they will vocalize by hissing and huffing..... no sweet trilling, or cooing sound fm drake Scovies. [​IMG] Sounds as Scooter could very well be a girl.

3. PlumTuckered

Jun 27, 2007
    Arkansas
    When Scooter was a wee duckling I hoped he was a she, I guess I need to post more Scooter photos. The photos I posted almost two months ago had most folks thinking he was a he LOL I have no other Scovy's to compare him/her to.

Thanks for replying :)

Michelle

4. lovesduckies

lovesduckies Bedroom Farm Inc.

Jan 11, 2010
    the ducky room
    aweeee i wana see pics of scooter!!!!!!

5. PlumTuckered

Jun 27, 2007
    Arkansas
    I'll try to get some taken this evening. We had some company show up last night for the weekend so I'll be spending my normal duck playing time in here cooking LOL
    Scooter has also been flying for the past two weeks, what an amazing sight that is!! Scooter loves to fly up onto the pen fence right before bedtime and wait for me to come out there, then he/she steps down onto my hand so I can carry him/her to bed ...little booger has me trained ;-)

Michelle

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by