Score at the auction!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by shelleyd2008, Oct 22, 2010.

1. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Went to our local auction tonight like I do almost every week. I didn't plan on getting anything since most times the birds there are either obviously sick or birds that I have no use for, but I took a cage anyway just in case. Whenever I don't take a cage I usually end up buying something and then having to buy another cage.

Just so happened that a new breeder, a person I have never before seen at this auction, decided to come to the sale tonight. He had nice birds...some shamo gamefowl, buckeyes, blue wyandottes, ameraucanas, white rocks, and runner ducks.

I came home with the black Ameraucanas, and they are nice! [​IMG] I'm not skilled in SQ ratings, but they look pretty good to me! I tried to get some pics of them, but most of them turned out as butt-shots [​IMG] So hopefully tomorrow I'll be able to get good pics.

I could KICK myself silly for not getting those blue wyandottes! I'm sure I'll never see them in person again! [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 22, 2010
  2. Dixiedoodle

Dixiedoodle Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2007
    Glad you 'scored'.. I have Black and Blue Ameraucana and love them.. How old are your birds? How many? Pullets and Roos??

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by