Score! Lowes Playhouse Coop $80!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Enchanted Sunrise Farms, Oct 7, 2008.

1. Enchanted Sunrise Farms

Enchanted Sunrise Farms Overrun With Chickens

Apr 26, 2007
    Fair Oaks, California
    Thanks to a post from drom, i called my local Lowes to find they had just one Belamy Playhouse left, the floor model, originally $340, marked down to $299, on clearance for $89. It got dinged being hauled to the front of the store by some guy pulling it behind him like a sled dog and not paying attention. i demanded money off for that, so they deducted 10%.

The cool thing is that it's already assembled. All i have to do is paint on a wood sealer, hardware cloth over the windows, and put in a floor. i kept the pallet they had under it, so i can use those boards as a floor. i bought some vinyl tiles for the floor. i also bought some strong posts, with the idea of perhaps elevating it a foot or two. It's very cute, and even has a window box and doorbell (don't tell my chickens about that or they will be ringing it for treats). i am SO excited. This was such a great score! By the way, if anyone lives in Northern California, i heard the Yuba City Lowes has three left.

[​IMG]

2. kdcrws

kdcrws Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 18, 2008
    L.C. FL
    I am so going to lowes tomorrow!!! They were still 299 last time I was in!

3. redoak

redoak Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2008
    Russia, NY
    Great find, It'll make a really cute chicken coop.

4. skyfires

skyfires Trying to hide

Jul 19, 2008
    The Ozarks of Arkansas
    Great Score!!! I'm so jealous,,,,tried to get one here in Arkansas and they were sold out for miles around,,,, Congrats!!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. MagsC

MagsC Queen Of Clueless

Jul 27, 2008
    Minnesota
    I am glad you were able to get it for $80!
    They are hard to get around here too or at least in my experience.[​IMG]

6. Enchanted Sunrise Farms

Apr 26, 2007
    Fair Oaks, California
    Quote:This one was marked $299, too! Same as what drom said she found at the Roseville, CA Lowes. You have to ask them to do a price check, and it rings up at $89.

7. BFeathered

BFeathered Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 29, 2008
    North Texas
    What are the inside dimensions of that lovely coop?

8. ZooMummzy

ZooMummzy Queen of the Zoo

Mar 31, 2008
    Philomath, Oregon
    This is the coop I want and I can't get it here!!!! :mad: I am so jealous!!! None on clearance at any Lowe's in our area - $349 is the best price they will give me [​IMG]

9. Enchanted Sunrise Farms

Apr 26, 2007
    Fair Oaks, California
    Quote:i haven't measured personally, but it says it's 4' x '4 by 6 feet tall. i can stand up inside, but my head touches the tippy top of the inside ceiling, and i'm 5'5" (plus, i can just squeeze my big fanny through the teeny door). i'm thinking of either using posts to raise it up taller like on stilts, or i could put boards around the bottom to make it taller, so i could stand up inside easier.

i was thinking today, i paid something like $325 for my chick-n-barn, which is 4' x 4' x 4', and it isn't nearly as nice as this playhouse.

10. lurky

lurky Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    Colleen...... its your lucky day [​IMG] Hope you grabbed a few quick picks on the way home [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by