Score one for the farmers!!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by ZykloniaDark-GothikRanchr, Aug 5, 2008.

1. ZykloniaDark-GothikRanchr

ZykloniaDark-GothikRanchr Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2008
    Saint Cloud Florida
    I just read this in the news:

Farmer sends message to neighbors with car fence

A farmer has erected a backyard fence made of three old cars sticking up in the air to send a message to new neighbors that he can do whatever he wants on his property. "This is just a fun way for me to say, `Hey boys, I'm still here,'" Rhett Davis said. "This is my redneck Stonehenge." Davis came up with the idea after neighbors who recently moved into homes next to his hayfield complained about his farm. "The people who bought the homes say, `Well, we love looking into your yard and seeing the horses and the cattle, but we don't like the flies, and we don't like the mosquitoes,' and when I cut my field to bale it, they say, `We don't like the dust in the air,' " Davis said. Neighbors declined to comment to the Standard-Examiner of Ogden. Davis said he offered to pay for half the cost of a fence between his property and the others and to build it. He said his neighbors declined the offer, saying it would block their view. Davis said he used a backhoe to dig three large holes on the edge of his property, then took three cars that had competed in demolition derbies and planted them nose-first into the ground. He said the cars were planted out of humor rather than spite. He stressed that it's important for new residents to realize that Hooper is a farming community. "I respect that they're here and spent a lot on their homes, but on the other hand, give me a little bit, too," Davis said. "I've been here since I was 7 years old." He said he doesn't intend to keep the cars up permanently. "These can come out just as easy as they went in," Davis said. Information from: Standard-Examiner,

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 5, 2008
  2. spatcher

spatcher Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2008
    Virginia - Southside
    May God bless him! lol

3. miss_thenorth

miss_thenorth Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2007
    SW Ont, Canada
    I LOVE it!!!!!!!

4. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    when the others bought their property, they probably didn't look to close at the statements on the purchase agreement.

rural areas usually have a clause saying you cannot complain about noise, smells etc and to expect them! slickers should have paid attention!

5. Acre of Blessings

Acre of Blessings Canning/Sewing Addict

Apr 3, 2008
    Axton, VA
    I wish i had some junk cars. [​IMG]

6. Linda in San Diego

Linda in San Diego Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2008
    San Diego
    Request a Free No Farms No Food Bumper Sticker

Get your bumper sticker here - I just received mine.

Here is what the site says: Put it on your car or bulletin board at work. Or distribute them at your local farmers market or county fair. When you display your No Farms No Food bumper sticker, you're helping raise awareness about the importance of our farms and ranches and the delicious, fresh foods they produce.

7. BettyR

BettyR Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2008
    Texas Gulf Coast
    WAY TO GO!!!!!!

If they don't like dust and flies then they should stay in the city.

8. holliewould

holliewould Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2008
    Planet Earth
    Yer avatar is spooky! [​IMG]

Ahh I got nothing else is all!

9. chickenfanatic

chickenfanatic Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2008
    deming new mexico
    i hope he builds it bigger people need to learn to keep thier nose oputta the buisness of others

10. ZykloniaDark-GothikRanchr

ZykloniaDark-GothikRanchr Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2008
    Saint Cloud Florida
    Quote:I am too [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by