1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Score!!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by fshinggrl, Oct 13, 2011.

1. fshinggrl

fshinggrl Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2009
    the edge of insanity
    I have 3 EEs and was worried that I was not going to have a colorful egg carton. Today, I found the two brown eggs from my Barred Rock & Columbian Wyandotte cuddled in with my first green eggs. I am soo egg-cited!!! Now to figure out which one it is. It is either KitKat or Annie. Annie has been sticking to me like glue and for sure squats, so I am guessing it is her. She has an interesting comb so I was shocked to see this egg, if it is indeed her who laid it. *UPDATE* I just went out and got another brown egg. That means I have four hens laying. [​IMG] This makes me think that perhaps Annie is laying a brown egg... dunno. [​IMG] Could be a light brahma as well. She is getting close (one in my avi).
    [​IMG]
    Annie
    [​IMG]
    KitKat
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 13, 2011
  2. Jloeffler

Jloeffler Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2011
    Northeast NC
    [​IMG] Congratulations! [​IMG]

3. auntie hattie

auntie hattie Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 28, 2011
    So happy for you!!! My EE is 28 weeks and still no egg. She has been squatting so hopefully she is close. I haven't had eggs for months so I'm really looking forward to it. My Lucy looks just like your KitKat. How old are your EE's? Thanks for giving me some hope. [​IMG]

4. stoopid

stoopid Chicken Fairy Godmother

Aug 3, 2011
    Long Island, NY
    Nice!

5. fshinggrl

May 1, 2009
    the edge of insanity
    Quote:I have another one that looks like a delaware with green legs who is the same age as the other ones, but her face/comb is still a faint pink. They were hatched around April 23rd. So, 25 weeks old.

6. LT

LT Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 21, 2011
    West Fork
    Quote:Yeah! I am waiting too. Mine are 27 weeks. Lots of squatting and nest box exploring, so my fingers are crossed for the weekend!

7. LT

LT Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 21, 2011
    West Fork
    Quote:Yeah! I am waiting too. Mine are 27 weeks. Lots of squatting and nest box exploring, so my fingers are crossed for the weekend!

I post this, and then went out to make sure the girls had food. That's when I noticed one of the EE's in the nest box. About 20 minutes later I had this:
    [​IMG]

8. fshinggrl

May 1, 2009
    the edge of insanity
    LT, I saw that!!! [​IMG] I'm glad your wait is over!! (mine too) WOnderful looking carton!

9. auntie hattie

auntie hattie Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 28, 2011
    Beautiful eggs! So happy for you both! It's so exciting. I can hardly wait.[​IMG]

10. jeepguy982001

jeepguy982001 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 4, 2011
    athens, wv
    congrats

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by