Score :)

Discussion in 'Quail' started by mochicken, Dec 17, 2011.

1. mochicken

mochicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2011
    NW Missouri
    Just got back from picking up some cages I spotted on Craigslist. I ended up looking at them and thinking I didnt really "need" them but could find a way to use them lol, they are 2 "Havahart" rabbit cages that are 30 x 30x 18 and a taller cage that is 28 x 28 x24. They are the 1"x2" wire so I will have to cover the floor with welded wire for the lil quail feet but they will make great grow out cages for some quail and I am going to build a rack to stack them with trays in between, I even considered dividing the taller cage and making it two cages. [​IMG]

Got all three cages for the total of 15 whole bucks [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. mochicken

Apr 27, 2011
    NW Missouri
    Here is a pic of what the "Havahart" cages look like as well as the pic that the person I bought them from had posted on Craigslist, she must have washed them because they were much cleaner when I picked them up [​IMG] I plan to wash them down with bleach water anyway but she just kept bunnies in them so shouldnt be anything too terrible on the wire.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. mochicken

Apr 27, 2011
    NW Missouri
    A little idea I had, I did this mockup on google sketchup and then I realized that with the combined height of the two havahart cages that it will already be over 3 ft tall before ever adding the top cage so I will have to modify it to hold just the two cages lol, I am 5'6" but I dont know if I will be tall enough to reach the top cage if I go 3 high, but I can still divide the 2 havaharts into 2 separate areas if I want to put breeders in them but I would rather do grow out pens since I will have 50 or so young cots soon lol

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 17, 2011
  4. QChickieMama

QChickieMama Chillin' With My Peeps Premium Member

Oct 1, 2011
    Nice find!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by