Billy-jean

Songster
8 Years
Jun 13, 2011
Yesterday I saw someone in the town was getting rid of their old rabbit hutch,,and put it to the side of the road. I grabbed it and scored a new awesome night-house for my call ducks! I had to add some tin to the roof,and made a little adjustments for safety ect..now it's a great little house for Luke and Maisie :))

I added the overhang in tin over the door and the front to stop the rain from blowing in. and the back panel of the house opens for clean up , so cool!

Miss Lydia

~Gift of God ~ Eternal Life ~John 3:16
Premium Feather Member
10 Years
Oct 3, 2009
Mountains of Western N.C.
Yesterday I saw someone in the town was getting rid of their old rabbit hutch,,and put it to the side of the road. I grabbed it and scored a new awesome night-house for my call ducks! I had to add some tin to the roof,and made a little adjustments for safety ect..now it's a great little house for Luke and Maisie :))

I added the overhang in tin over the door and the front to stop the rain from blowing in. and the back panel of the house opens for clean up , so cool!
That is awesome, I never see anything like this never. but boy you scored on that one, Congrats!!

Billy-jean

Songster
8 Years
Jun 13, 2011
Thanks :)) and the calls seem to have no problem either! will be great in the warmer season,good ventilation,,and it even has a light at the ceiling inside the house part for warmth in the winter! Which I most likely won't use..but I will close up the window in the sleeping section in the winter.

Miss Lydia

~Gift of God ~ Eternal Life ~John 3:16
Premium Feather Member
10 Years
Oct 3, 2009
Mountains of Western N.C.
Thanks :)) and the calls seem to have no problem either! will be great in the warmer season,good ventilation,,and it even has a light at the ceiling inside the house part for warmth in the winter! Which I most likely won't use..but I will close up the window in the sleeping section in the winter.
Did you paint it or did it come already painted? it looks in such great condition.

Billy-jean

Songster
8 Years
Jun 13, 2011
It came painted! But it is old,,some of the wood I had to replace cause it was rotten,,but it's sturdy now,,and the roof was rotted out so I replaced it with tin...

Top Bottom