scotch tape on cracked egg WORKED!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by thecityman, Apr 18, 2012.

1. thecityman

thecityman Out Of The Brooder

Jun 14, 2010
    I can't believe it. Like most of you have probably done, while taking an egg out to candle it I accidently dropped one onto another one and they both cracked. One was just a tiny hairline but one was very, very badly cracked....almost a hole in it...like a round, indention crack and not just a little fault line. Anyway, I never dreamed it would actually work, but having read of others trying it, I decided to simply put a piece of scotch tape on both eggs. Even more amazing, this happened on day 10....so they had to go more than half the time with those cracks and tape.

Anyway, this is day 20, and BOTH EGGS have just pipped!!! I supposse I shouldn't be counting them until they hatch (pun intended) but I'm blown away that an egg so severely damaged so early on could survive! So if this happens to you...I can tell you from personal experience that it is at least worth a try! Worked for me!

As a side note....this is my first hatch in almost 2 years. I'm a 39 year old man and its funny how a few chirping eggs can turn me into a little kid again! haha. I forgot how fun this is!!!!

2. ThatChick

ThatChick Out Of The Brooder

Mar 10, 2012
    New Jersey
    That's awesome!!!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by