1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Scots Dumpy owners

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Catalina, Mar 2, 2009.

1. Catalina

Catalina Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2007
    Minnesota
    Will anyone have Scots Dumpy hatching eggs or chicks for sale in the next year or two?

I know the breed is kind of rare, but just wondered if anyone was breeding them right now.

2. herechickchick

herechickchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2007
    Memphis TN
    I have seen posts for this breed in that past and no one seems to be able to find any. I wonder if there are any in the USA?

3. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

I was under the impression that they're only in Europe.

4. herechickchick

herechickchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2007
    Memphis TN
    Quote:That is what I thought.

5. Catalina

Catalina Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2007
    Minnesota
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2009
  6. chickmashnoon

chickmashnoon Chillin' With My Peeps

I guess they now have these at Sandhill Preservation. I'm tempted to get them. It might be a year or two, andI'll probably change my mind 5 times before then, but I would eventualy like to get an endangered breed. And they are supposed to be very friendly. Anybody have some experience with them?

7. irishrob

irishrob New Egg

May 10, 2013
    Louisville KY
    http://louisville.craigslist.org/grd/4551363533.html

Scots Dumpy chickens - $500 (Ozark IL)

Breeding flock of Scots Dumpy chickens, extremely rare and difficult to find. I got mine as chicks last year from Sandhill Preservation, which was the only place I could find them, and this year even they are not selling them. Mine are cuckoo pattern, which is the black and white striped pattern you see on barred rock chickens. They are mature now and laying well. I have a short-legged rooster, and five hens with short and medium-length legs. The genetics on leg length means you can get a good bunch of chicks from this flock.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by