Scottish Mexican!

wheeliebin

In the Brooder
Aug 6, 2020
Hi, I am joe, and my partner is Jaque. She is mexican and i am Scottish,
I have been brought many times to BYC by my various google searches and have come to know it as a reliable place to find more information than any of the other sites combines i have visited. I just registered tonight, i procrastinate a lot on these things, however i have a leg problem with one of my young birds which i could not find any help for and being in mexico where animals are treated as property more than pets, chickens are treated more like machines in my experience. This is why i have my own, I am a vegetarian as is my partner. I just will not eat battery farmed eggs after finding how the birds are treated first hand. Sadly vets for chickens are just not an option here.

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
I have my first flock approaching one year, 6 hens and a roo. I also have 3 small adopted strays none of which i am sure the sex of.
(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
10 in total
(3) What breeds do you have?
"layers" as they say in mexico rarely can they tell you the breed. I know one is RIR and 2 of the chicks are RIR crosses. Roo is dirty yellow and from the same batch a completely grey hen, two completely black (green in the sun) 1 barred rock and a black with rir colours on her chest
(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
So many, i guess the best is watching their antics and eating eggs that you know where came from
(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
I am a street musician, i hate any kind of authority and am intent on living my life more self sustentable with less involvement in the commercial world
(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

I commend anyone who has made it this far chickens are my only pets, mexico has ruined my love for dogs, as i cannot sleep one night without being woken by them!
(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D
I covered that in the part above
Thanks for reading!
Will update with some more photos if anyone is interested

Attachments

Top Bottom