1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Scout, My Ameraucana [email protected] Mths Old

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by speckledhen, Dec 21, 2007.

1. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Scout's new owner will pick him up next month and I'm going to miss him. I was trying to take pics of all the Ameraucanas, but the girls were in the middle of a major dustbath, covered in powdery red dirt, so Scout was the only subject whose color you could even see, LOL.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. KingsCalls

KingsCalls Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 22, 2007
    New Market,Tn.
    Nice bird Cyn! Why are ya rehoming him?

3. ksacres

ksacres At Your Service

Nov 16, 2007
    San Antonio TX
    I think she's getting out of Ameraucanas. At least, I think I read that on another post.

4. lacyloo

lacyloo Cooped Up

May 26, 2007
    north florida
    he's so pretty [​IMG]

5. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    Is it me, or does Speckled Hen have the handsomest roosters in creation? (What's your secret? Eating the ugly ones?)

6. lacyloo

lacyloo Cooped Up

May 26, 2007
    north florida
    [​IMG]

7. silkieluvr

silkieluvr Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 20, 2007
    Marin, California
    Gorgeous Roo! [​IMG]

8. Heidi

Heidi Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2007
    Northwest Michigan
    Sorry to see him and your girls go to a new home, but I'm sure it is a good home. I hope I am lucky enough to get a beauty like him with the eggs I have in my bator at the moment.

9. mdbucks

mdbucks Cooped Up

Jul 14, 2007
    EXIT 109 on 95
    [​IMG]

is this Scouts long lost brother, He just got rehomed, was destined for the freezer, but he got a last minute stay of execution.

this pic he was about 4 months at the time, is now 8 months and more filled out.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2007
  10. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

I really never planned to breed Ameraucanas plus my DH doesn't like the fact that they can fly well and tend to be more hyper and active than the larger breeds. I kept him much longer than I intended anyway. I'll miss him because he does the silliest things, but he always comes running when I call his name. He did bite DH a couple of weeks ago, not the smartest move on his part, but he lets me pick him up and pet him and stoke his beard. I will miss seeing him run across the yard on those long legs.
    No, I don't eat the ugly ones, LOL. I just make sure they have what they need and they grow into handsome young men most of the time. md, your boy does look like Scout at a younger age. Here is one of Scout's sons a couple of weeks ago, 8 weeks old now:
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by