Scovies in Blue...mostly! (PIC Heavy)

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by keeperofthehearth, Jun 22, 2010.

1. keeperofthehearth

keeperofthehearth Chillin' With My Peeps

Some of my Blue 2mo olds. I'm really happy w/my blues this year. I will only be keeping 2 girls and possibly one drake. Sigh!!!!!

I have three boys like this. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Aahhh, lots of pretty blue boys this year. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    And my one barred blue boy. I have some more pic's of him but haven't uploaded them. He's a bit camera shy. [​IMG] I hope to keep him.
    [​IMG]
    Keeper! Blue pied girl.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I have to slip in a pic of my little black barred pied girl. She is Such a Pretty thing. She just stands out where ever she is.
    I am soooo tempted to keep her though I don't really need another black barred pied hen.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. lovesduckies

lovesduckies Bedroom Farm Inc.

Jan 11, 2010
    the ducky room
    ohhh they are sooooooo pretty [​IMG]

3. ThePolishPrincess

ThePolishPrincess Chillin' With My Peeps

Wow, they're lovely. Very jealous.

4. chickboss

chickboss Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2010
    Beautiful Scovies Keeperofthehearth!! I really love the blues!! And that little Blk Barred hen has the sweetest look. LOL, I am just learning how hard it is to not want to keep them all.... [​IMG]

5. ilovemuscovy

ilovemuscovy Out Of The Brooder

Jun 1, 2010
    Los Angeles
    they're so prettty!

6. Bleenie

Bleenie Wyan-DO's

[​IMG] I am in LOVE with boy #2!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. keeperofthehearth

[​IMG] Thanks, Bleenie! I have soooo many really pretty drakes this year & as you know, just can't keep all those boys. I really do hope I can rehome a few of them before too long.

8. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Wow! [​IMG] Just gorgeous!!! [​IMG]

9. pardygwyn

pardygwyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 14, 2009
    Beautiful birds! I have a question that I just remembered to ask because of your post, though... can black barred muscovies have brown barring? I have a young black hen with barring on her chest and underoos and was wondering if that would molt out as she got older.

10. keeperofthehearth

can black barred muscovies have brown barring? I have a young black hen with barring on her chest and underoos and was wondering if that would molt out as she got older.

Are you talking about the same duck... brown barring and the molt? Generally my black barred do feather in black. Do you have a picture of the brown barred duck?
    Depending on the age of your black barred hen, the barring will "mostly" molt out. Usually barred ducks will retain a slight barring along their sides and belly. If you do get a barred duck that is also pied and/or white head then their is a good chance that the barring that is lost after their first molt would reappear, granted w/thinner bars, but throughout the color patches, giving them a "frosted" look.​

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by