scovies in snow

binji

Chirping
Jul 2, 2016
my scovies are both around nine months old now and i was wondering if it was safe for them to be out in the snow all day.
they wont go anywhere warm on their own bc they hate their coop ,, are there any real health risks for walking and sitting and probably swimming in the snow until it gets dark

my scovies are both around nine months old now and i was wondering if it was safe for them to be out in the snow all day.
they wont go anywhere warm on their own bc they hate their coop ,, are there any real health risks for walking and sitting and probably swimming in the snow until it gets dark
Let them decide but make sure to have a place they can get in that is dry and out of the weather if they want. My Muscovy's are not fans of snow and ice and hate the wind they will hunker down behind and under things to get out of it They will not go into their house though unless I make them except when it's time to go in for the night.

Why do you think they hate their coop? @binji

theyre coop is just a place they stay in at night, so it's kind of small, but it's full of hay and wood chips and it stays warm. plus, i think they like to stay out in the open and wander around

theyre coop is just a place they stay in at night, so it's kind of small, but it's full of hay and wood chips and it stays warm. plus, i think they like to stay out in the open and wander around
Not good at night though because preds are starting to look for an easy meal when it starts getting dark. In the day time I let mine decide unless it's really frigid and wind is blowing then I let them out long enough to do a good cleaning then put the back inside this is when temps are in the teens and below. Someone just posted today her Muscovy's feet were frozen. So I think we have to watch the signs on how they are doing out in the snow and cold. And put them up if we notice it is bothering them.

Back
Top Bottom