scovies with foamy eye

binji

Chirping
Jul 2, 2016
i noticed like two days ago that one of my scovies had foamy eye, so i put apple cider vinegar in their water to try and help but the other one turned up with it this morning. neither of them seem to be having breathing issues and i think theyre eating normally, so does anyone know what's wrong or what i can do for them
it's also been pretty cold out and there's snow today

Last edited:
i noticed like two days ago that one of my scovies had foamy eye, so i put apple cider vinegar in their water to try and help but the other one turned up with it this morning. neither of them seem to be having breathing issues and i think theyre eating normally, so does anyone know what's wrong or what i can do for them

Has their access to bathing water been restricted recently? I'm wondering if they haven't been able to blow out their nares properly. This is the time of year I can't put out the kiddie pools for mine due to the temperatures, so I work with plastic pails of water and put out the pools as soon as the hose thaws out.

they have the bucket that i put out with their food, which is pretty deep, and they have access to the ditch too, which is where they are rn. if it's cold i usually bring them inside afterward so they dont freeze

Back
Top Bottom