'Scovy Color Genetics

Rare Feathers Farm

Crowing
11 Years
Apr 1, 2008
Pleasant Valley, (Okanogan) WA
My Coop
My Coop
I'm selling off all of my pieds to concentrate on solid colored 'scovies.

So here's my question....

Last year, I bred a blue muscovy drake to a blue fawn duck and a chocolate duck.

The resulting babies were chocolate, silver and lavender.

I kept one chocolate duck, two silvers (a pair) and one of the lavender drakes.

So now I have the pens set up as follows:

#1 pair of silvers
#2 Lavender drake with two chocolate ducks and one blue fawn duck
#3 the original trio in the other pen

So my question is--what color(s) can I expect out of the first two pens?

#1 pen with the pair of silvers should be 100% pure silver ducklings
#2 pen with the lavender drake with the two chocolate ducks should be 100% black ducklings, all carry pastel, drakelets will carry chocolate.

Thats what I will think will come out of these two pens.

Hope this helps

Good luck

Quote:
Hmmm...we'll see....I was hoping the two silvers together would be pure silvers....

The second pen sounds interesting....what about a lavender drake bred to a blue fawn?

DSCN4025.jpg

Quote:
Hmmm...we'll see....I was hoping the two silvers together would be pure silvers....

The second pen sounds interesting....what about a lavender drake bred to a blue fawn?

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m53/Equibling/Muscovies/DSCN4025.jpg

If your lavender is pure(not hiding anything) lav X blue fawn will produce blue and black offspring all split to Lav, and drakelets split to chocolate

Silver x Silver will produce all silver(assuming nothing hiding).

Quote:

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m53/Equibling/Muscovies/DSCN4025.jpg

If your lavender is pure(not hiding anything) lav X blue fawn will produce blue and black offspring all split to Lav, and drakelets split to chocolate

Silver x Silver will produce all silver(assuming nothing hiding).

Thank you! These guys are confusing!
smile.png
Well, last year, I bred a blue Muscovy drake to a blue fawn duck and a chocolate duck.

The resulting babies were chocolate, silver and lavender. That is where the silver & lavender I have came from. If I'm able to get another lavender female from pure lavs...

Back
Top Bottom