Scrambled egg...from

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by bragabit, Aug 6, 2010.

1. bragabit

bragabit Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2009
    Southern Utah
    So a couple of my hatching eggs were cracked when we opened the box. Then my hen rolled one out of her box and cracked it too. The egg white and yolk were all mixed together. What does that mean? Bad temps, not fertile, too hot....Will all the other eggs be like that?? I have a lot of eggs I just got and will be very bummed if they are all ruined [​IMG]

2. ADozenGirlz

ADozenGirlz The Chicken Chick[IMG]emojione/assets/png/00ae.png

Oct 18, 2009
    Connecticut
    It sounds to me like they were seriously roughly handled during transportation. That's how the yolk and white got scrambled. That's a bummer. I woudn't be hopeful about the remaining eggs. Sorry. [​IMG]

3. bragabit

Mar 26, 2009
    Southern Utah
    Okay...but I have seen the scrambled egg looking mess before from my own hens that have sat on eggs and rolled one out of the box. This really sucks, I can't believe I spent all that money on eggs for nothing [​IMG]...

4. ADozenGirlz

ADozenGirlz The Chicken Chick[IMG]emojione/assets/png/00ae.png

Oct 18, 2009
    Connecticut
    Quote:I hope to be wrong. I think when the eggs begin to be incubated and shifted around by hens, they can be a little rough on them, so I'm not surprised that you've seen scrambled quitters/infertile eggs from under broodys.
    Good luck with your hatch. Let us know what happens!

5. bragabit

Mar 26, 2009
    Southern Utah
    I've bought from 3 sellers. The eggs are under 2 broody hens and in an incubator. There are 40 shipped eggs and 4 of my own fertile eggs from my own eggs (as a control hatchling) I want some chicks before fall and our cold winter gets here....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by