scrambled eggs.

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by tknjk, Mar 31, 2009.

1. tknjk

tknjk Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 28, 2007
    Abilene, TX
    Just a curious though. I have a lot of eggs leftover that I can't eat, and can't give them away.
    Will feeding them scrambled eggs make them pick at their eggs after they lay them?

2. purecountrychicken

purecountrychicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 11, 2008
    Gray Court, SC
    No,,scrambled eggs is really a nice treat to feed to your chickens. Just dont feed them raw eggs cuz then they might start eating the eggs.

3. azelgin

azelgin Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2008
    S.E. AZ
    When we used to have left over eggs we would scramble and cook them. Shells and all. They won't figure out what they are eating and start in on their own eggs.

4. Schultz

Schultz CluckN'Crow Farm

Aug 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Our girls love scrambled eggs, I put them in the microwave because I don't want them to have the salty butter. We also mix in the shell for added calcium!
    Another good idea for eggs is Yorkshire pudding if you want to try something different!

5. tknjk

tknjk Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 28, 2007
    Abilene, TX
    So that being said. 'll start feeding my chickens scrambled eggs for breakfast. [​IMG]

6. homesweethome

homesweethome New Egg

May 30, 2011
    If I feed my baby chicks (4 weeks old - approx.) a scrambled egg, do I need to start on grit?

7. flowergirl60

flowergirl60 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 13, 2011
    Austin Tx
    Mine love scramble eggs. Shell and all.[​IMG]

8. homesweethome

homesweethome New Egg

May 30, 2011
    Thank you FlowerGirl. I still haven't figured out how to navigate this site perfectly. Must I give them grit as soon as I give them (eggs) food other than baby feed? Even just an egg? I would like to know how old they are - about 4-5 inches long and starting to get a tiny tail feather. Any idea?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by