Scrap sq swap sign-ups! No sewing involved! Any last min folks?

Guitartists

Resistance is futile
11 Years
Mar 21, 2008
Michigan
So, having been digging through my bins of fabric lately it occurred to me that many other quilters and crafters here on the BYC might be like me and enjoy scrappy quilts and projects that use many pieces..though none of the same. I especially like I Spy quilts
smile.png
And I also hate having to spend lots of money for fabric that I may only use one square from......

So it got me thinking....... how about a scrappy square swap. We could keep it really cheap.... say everyone that signs up send someone else 25 8 inch squares...all of a different print etc. , so that we all get some fun new pieces to add to our scrap piles
big_smile.png

What do you all think? We can vote on what size and amount would be best for the swap.... if only a few sign up we could send everyone on the list some squares...or if we get lots to sign up we could each get 2 partners or one...however you guys think would be best. If it goes well, we could do themed swaps..... florals, animals, batiks, etc.

So what do you all think?

Ok folks...... here's the running list... let me know if I need to add/remove any names
smile.png

Guitartists

goldenluver
terrilacy ?
WriterofWords
fairielover
paulsmuffen
Patchesnposies

Please put in your vote for size
smile.png
You can vote for one or all..... maybe we can do more than one size and pass out partners accordingly.

5"

6 1/2"

9 1/2"

Last edited:
That's what I'm thinking..... you get a bunch of fun new fabrics to play with.... for scrappy quilts or for imaginative applique pieces and you get to share a small part of your stash with someone else..... with the only work being cutting the squares and mailing them. And I know some people have extra squares lying around that are already cut. So anyone else game?

That's a good idea...... makes for no measuring really
wink.png
Quick and easy.

There doesn't seem to be much interest
hmm.png
Maybe there are not too many scrappy quilters on the BYC
idunno.gif

More input anyone???

What about making 5 inch squares? So many projects use "Charm Packs" and you would be able to use up smaller scraps.
smile.png

Just an idea or maybe one for a future swap.

I'm pretty new to quilting and not sure if I have 25 different fabrics to send..I was given some pretty neat fabrics so will look
through the stash and see what I come up with..Would love to do a scrappy quilt tho..My friend has 2 that were gifts..BEAUTIFUL!!!

ETA I have enough..lol..I just looked through the 1st toter and there's way more fabric in there than I thought..And that's not
including another box and my toter..Sure adds up fast..

Last edited:
Great!
big_smile.png
Looks like we are starting to get some people on board
smile.png

I'll keep a list in post #1 of people who want to participate.... and at the end of the month, or sooner if we get no more sign-ups...we'll figure out the specifics of the swap and pass out names
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom