Scrapbooking

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by sunnydee, Dec 14, 2008.

1. sunnydee

sunnydee Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 17, 2008
    Maine
    Anyone else scrapbook? I have just recently been addicted...I mean...introduced to it. Last night a couple of friend's and I made homemade cards with our supplies. My mom is a big card sender, always sending out cards (thank you notes, get well wishes, thinking of you notes, etc.) So...I thought...it would nice to make some for her.

After about 3 hours of crafting, I made 20 cards. I plan on buying some blank envelopes and wraping them all up and giving to my mom for Christmas!

Here is a picture of a couple that I did.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

I do scrapbook, rarely. The issue is, once I pull everything out, I cannot stop for DAYS!!! I have to make sure I have days to work on everything. Then I end with a list of what I need, spend $200, don't make meals or clean and never shower. SERIOUSLY ADDICTED.

3. showme31

showme31 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Moscow Mills MO
    LOVE IT!!!!! I have a scraping station permanently set up in my sunroom. I took a couple of years off of scraping to help hubby build our dream home. Then earlier this year I bought the Cricut, talk about adding WOW back into scraping. I now spend every free minute at the scraping station and have almost caught up all the photos, about 5 years worth.

Buying and using the cartridges are almost as addicting as scraping itself. I guess that's how I've managed to almost get caught up.

Happy scrapin'
    Jul

4. sunnydee

Jul 17, 2008
    Maine
    Yes...I have lots and lots of pictures to do but I am in the same boat with no room to set up. I end up pulling it all out and wreck the kithcen table with the stuff for the whole weekend.

But it sure is fun!

5. smom1976

smom1976 too many projects too little time!

May 2, 2008
    Pensacola, FL
    I LOVE IT other than all the other crafts I am involved in I do that too.. I have tons of stickers, papers, cutters, stamps.. and stuff.. I havent done many cards.. I do more photo albums.. I have one for each child.. a book for them before school, then a school book but I think it will just have to be elementary school if even that because they are getting full.. they will end up with 5 or 6 by the time they graduate LOL

I love to scrap book..

6. Appytaz

Appytaz Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2008
    Central Florida
    Nice job on your cards!One idea for getting your envelopes - I bought mine from Staples. I actually ordered them online. I got a box of 250 (i think) of white in the stationary/ invintation area. I always have one when I need it.
    scrapbooking and card making is something you really have to get all of your supplies together and sit down uninterrupted to do. I find the card making to be very stress relieving and I also like the instant gratification of it.

7. sunnydee

Jul 17, 2008
    Maine
    I went to Staples yesterday and found some envelopes for my homemade cards. I wrapped the cards and envelopes in a big red ribbon and put in a homemade bag for my Mom. I know she will just love this present and it barely cost me a thing!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by