Scrappy is going to be a Mama soon.

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by PineBurrowPeeps, Oct 27, 2008.

1. Scrappy is my 3 year old angora calico cat. She is the sweetest, best kitty ever. She does feline agility and knows a bunch of tricks.
    Scrappy is due to give birth on October 29th (my anniversary) and the vet saw at least 4 kittens in the scan.
    I have been taking her temp. twice a day at the same time looking for the temp dip that usually happens before birth. Today her temp has been in the 99 range all day long, she hasn't been eating much and she's been in her kittening box sleeping and snoring away all day long.
    I don't think it will be long now!
    We are keeping all of the kittens as farm cats because we have mice getting into the barns/grain and both Scrappy and the sire of the litter are amazing mousers.
    Though I have to admit that I'm really hoping she has a solid orange longhaired male... I've always wanted a longhaired orange cat and I'll name him pumpkin which will fit with the time frame and all [​IMG]

2. JenniferJoIN

JenniferJoIN Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 10, 2007
    Southern Indiana
    That's exciting! I hope everything goes well and you get your pumpkin out of the batch!

3. Bec

Bec THE Delaware Blue Hen

I will be tuned waiting for pics!! [​IMG] Usually a calico, tortoise shell or patched tabby has at least one red in the litter!! A red girl is not common so your chances for a boy are pretty good!!!

4. Bec

Bec THE Delaware Blue Hen

Any signs yet?? [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by