Scrapwood Tractor- Total cost $20

Nibarlan

Songster
5 Years
Jan 9, 2019
South Georgia, USA
I've been working on getting a coop/run built that is nearly complete(been documenting most of it and will make a whole article on the process once it's finished), but all but one of my chicks are nearly all feathered out and have been wanting to get out of the brooder....or they think they do(as soon as they hop out you can see them immediately regret everything haha).

Anyway, I wanted to have a tractor I could put in my garden for them to dig around and play in, but I also didn't really want to spend money as I've been dropping a bunch on the coop. Well my parents had a bunch of scrap wood left over from their cabin construction so that combined with a few scrap pieces from 2x4 cuts made the frame measuring roughly 2ft wide X 8ft long and the height about 28 inches. I had plenty of screws left so the only thing I purchased was the chicken wire and hinges for the door you see. In addition to the door, the entire Door side of the wire is hooked so I can unhook it and lift it to have easier access to the chickens to move them. The tarp was there because it sprinkled a little bit.

I've only put them out there once this weekend when I was able to be out there with them or check or keep an eye on them, but they had a good ole time.

You can see the coop in the background, it's nearly complete. I put the heat plate in the tractor with them because the baby(Coco) know to go there if she's chilly, but I think she was fine as it warmish day and the bottom board shielded her from the breeze.
IMG_20190331_180557809.jpg

IMG_20190331_121513820.jpg IMG_20190331_121509380.jpg IMG_20190331_124315_939.jpg

Back
Top Bottom