1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

*Screams and Cries wildly* STUPID FOX! I HATE YOU!

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by 44Wolves, Feb 10, 2011.

1. 44Wolves

44Wolves Here is Your New Title

Jun 28, 2009
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    A STUPID, NASTY, SNEAKY FOX killed 2 out of my 5 Chickens yesterday, 1 being my Favorite [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] And he injured another one, leaving 2 unharmed. He just KILLED Maddi, my FAVORITE and did NOTHING with her body. Then he CAUGHT another one, DRAGGED her into the woods and tried to Kill her, which IT DID! THEN we tried to shoot it but it RAN further back with MY Chicken!!!!!!! We FINALLY got the dead chicken back, moved ALL the remaining 2 and injured 1 into the garage and the FOX CAME LATER THAT NIGHT TO THE COOP AGAIN!!!!!!!!

STUPID, IDIOT FOX!!!!!!!!!!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. terrilhb

terrilhb Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 11, 2010
    Georgia
    I am so sorry for your loss. [​IMG] [​IMG] How is the injured one doing? Good luck.

3. annie3001

annie3001 My Girls

Jun 11, 2009
    Ct.
    oh i am so sorry. that really does stink. [​IMG]

4. newchicksnducks

newchicksnducks Chillin' With My Peeps

I feel for you. [​IMG] I lost a chicken to a fox the first winter I had chickens. It acutally CLIMBED a fence and killed her. It tried to drag the body away, but there was no way he could climb the fence again w/his kill. [​IMG] Sorry for your loss.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2011
  5. jjthink

jjthink Overrun With Chickens

Jan 17, 2007
    New Jersey
    So sad, so sorry. I know you probably have the survivors in lockdown.

The injured feather-soul. Is she doing okay?

JJ

6. Pinky

Pinky Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 15, 2008
    South GA
    Im sorry for your loss. [​IMG]

7. mgw

mgw Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2010
    Eastern Wa.
    That sucks maybe you can bait the fox in and put him out of your misery.

8. kla37

kla37 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2010
    Hillsborough, NC USA
    [​IMG] So sad! Those darn foxes are really clever. Shore up the protection on your coop and hope for the best! Hope you can permanently get rid of him! [​IMG]

9. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Contact Space Wild Animal farms. They are trappers and fur buyers. They can reccommend someone to help you with your problem.

10. 44Wolves

44Wolves Here is Your New Title

Jun 28, 2009
    Quote:No,no,no........... My Dad's shooting him and his heads going in my room, yes it is....
    ~~~~~
    Thanks for the sympathy. Me and my Mom are freezing them ( [​IMG] ) so we can bury them when the snow melts and Ground Thaws.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by