Screen door

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Chickfever, May 17, 2009.

1. Chickfever

Chickfever Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2007
    Southwest VA
  2. CoyoteMagic

CoyoteMagic RIP ?-2014

I made my own like that when I lived in a single wide trailer. Just a peice of plastic screen and velcro. Worked fine

3. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Never seen one, but Harriett Carter's stuff is pretty much bottom of the line.....

4. maplesky7

maplesky7 Flock Mistress

Jun 14, 2008
    N. IL.
    bzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

5. wingnut1

wingnut1 Crazy Bird Lady

Quote:Maplesky7 - You're cracking me UP tonight!

Chickfever - I've always wondered if those screens worked... sorry - I don't know!

6. maplesky7

maplesky7 Flock Mistress

Jun 14, 2008
    N. IL.
    [​IMG] Maybe it's because I live in an old home and even with "some" new windows...."they" always manage to breach the barrier.

Right now it's those darn wasps again...dang it...where are they getting in?

I remember a few years back being naked and turning the bathroom fan on to get in the shower and a wasp would get spun out at me from the fan. You should have seen the basketball size paper nest we found in the attic...very impressive but man are those things persistant. This IS NOT your home! I will swat you and make you die and my 3 year old dd will giggle when she flushes you down the potty. Take that.

bzzzzzzzz.

or how about late at night when the darn fly hits the tv screen? [​IMG] get off Dr. Houses nose!!!

7. Chickfever

Chickfever Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2007
    Southwest VA
    The door I have now is just glass, no screen so I'd like to have something to let the air in but keep the bugs (skeeters, flies, yellowjackets, etc) out. I wonder how much it would cost to do it myself.....

8. CoyoteMagic

CoyoteMagic RIP ?-2014

It's easy. Just get you some plastic or metal window screening at Lowe's or Home Dept tack it down on the inside of the of the door frame across the top and a couple inches down the side.

Worked great for me in a trailer.

9. NancyDz

NancyDz Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2008
    Dutch Flat, CA
    Wallmart sells them very similiar, also they sell the screening to make them.

I buy ready made window screens that i use as tops for my brooder from them.

Nancy

10. Birch Run Farm

Birch Run Farm Biddy up!

Sep 5, 2008
    VERMONT
    Quote:Oooh, good idea!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by