Screw the good old days...

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by Prettiest Frog, Jan 24, 2010.

1. Prettiest Frog

Prettiest Frog Cooped Up

Dec 21, 2009
    How on earth did I ever get by without a Kitchenaid professional stand mixer, a carpet cleaner, an electric griddle, and ipod?

2. chickenlittle32

chickenlittle32 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2009
    Rayne Louisiana
    [​IMG]

3. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

Just a bad memory?

Your signature! truer words have never been written.

Imp

4. Turkenlover

Turkenlover Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 14, 2010
    Colorado
    Or my internet and microwave???? [​IMG]

5. HEChicken

HEChicken Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2009
    BuCo, KS
    My Coop
    Quote:Hmmm...of these items, all I have are the electric frypan (think that's the same thing you're calling a griddle?) and I do love that and use it constantly. My other "faves" are my crockpot and my electric can opener (a luxury I'm sure but I got tired of hurting my fingers on manual can openers that never worked quite right no matter how much I spent trying to get a "good" one).

6. SarahBeth9394

SarahBeth9394 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 23, 2008
    I love, love, love my kitchenaid!

7. KDbeads

KDbeads Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 20, 2009
    East Central VA
    Well.... I don't have any of those! The only thing I don't think I could live without is my radio, gots ta have my tunes [​IMG] Well the fridge and stove/oven and hot water heater...... though I'm sure I could build a solar water heater if needed.
    Only thing we use the microwave for is defrosting the dog food or making popcorn on the rare occasions we can afford the microwavable type.

8. Sir Birdaholic

Sir Birdaholic Night Knight

[​IMG] It seems like an eternity ago since I haven't used an electric screwgun or an air nailer! Do they still make "manual" tools! [​IMG]

9. KDbeads

KDbeads Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 20, 2009
    East Central VA
    Quote:Yeah I like my framing hammer but the drill..... Now that is something I don't think I'd want to be without!

10. Sir Birdaholic

Sir Birdaholic Night Knight

The measuring tape, When I was young, it was a 6 foot folder , now......
    Who could live without a CHAINSAW?
    I'm not about to mow my 3 acre lawn with a PUSHMOWER!
    AIR COMPRESSOR.....need I say more?

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by