1. suzyq53511

suzyq53511 Drowning in Chickens!

Apr 30, 2010
    Beloit
    I was supposed to have a coop built this week. But it fell through! [​IMG] [​IMG] i have 5 week olds in my house at night [​IMG] and in a ghetto run during the day. what am i supposed to do?!? [​IMG] i need some advice. please help!!! [​IMG]

2. Bearsfan

Bearsfan Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 21, 2009
    Hannibal, MO
    Do you have a garage?

If so, build an enclosure out of cardboard boxes and keep them in there for a week or two till you get the coop done.

3. suzeeg

suzeeg Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2010
    Let them room with some neighbors if anyone has a pen close by. Chicken sitters. [​IMG]
    Quote:

4. Andi

Andi Chillin' With My Peeps

Seeing you say "in my house at night", I'm guessing they are outside during the day. Is the reason they are coming inside at night because there's a predator security concern outside at night with the current outdoor setup? If so, what do you have for the outdoor day time setup. Maybe we can all brainstorm with some temporary low/no budget upgrades to help get you through until the coop is ready.

5. georgialee

georgialee Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2009
    Knoxville, TN
    have you checked craigslist? Or do you even have a dog house and have/know someone that has a dog run you can borrow? It doesn't have to be perfect - the chickens won't care!

6. fiddleblue

fiddleblue Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2009
    Keep having the night chicken parties and the ghetto run but schedule a coop building party soon, invite all your friends over, have beer and pizza, tell them to bring a piece of plywood or a 2 by 4 and some nails or screws. Use whatever materials are brought plus whatever you can buy to assemble something quickly. Many hands work fast together. But do start the bash with a plan/drawing.

7. fiddleblue

fiddleblue Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2009
    Look at the post on this forum entitled, "YOu can make a coop out of anything in 20 minutes." This should give you some creative ideas and hopefully streamline the process.

8. suzyq53511

suzyq53511 Drowning in Chickens!

Apr 30, 2010
    Beloit
    Quote:Thats such a good idea!

9. Andi

Andi Chillin' With My Peeps

Depending on who they are, it might be wise to hold the beer out as a reward rather than having a bunch of drunk people measuring wrong and having an 'Oh, its fine. Quit your worrying.' attitude. Just a thought.

10. drunkdog

drunkdog Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2010
    Everett
    BEER? ho far are you away are you from Everett, Washingotn Ill build it for BEER [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by