1. There is currently a quarantine in place in the area surrounding and containing the Southern California counties of Los Angeles County and Riverside County for Virulent Newcastle Disease. The quarantine strictly restricts movements of poultry, eggs, supplies and other items that can spread vND. Please do not list items for sale originating from either county without written permission from the CDFA. Please see here for more details

SD barred rock cockerel

Discussion in 'Animals In Need of Free Re-Homing' started by tootmany, Apr 4, 2018.

Tags:
  1. tootmany

tootmany Songster

Mar 14, 2018
    SD
    Looking for a home for a young barred rock cockerel! Definitely prefer if he goes to a home that won't eat him (unless he gets very aggressive or such) This spunky little guy was a rescue purchase from a feed shop here in Watertown, SD. He was splay-legged and very lethargic, they were going to put him down but I got him and rehabilitated him. He is just over two weeks and I'm not in a rush to get him out of the house. We have plenty of time if it means you have to make a trip for him. I would definitely prefer if someone local could get him, but if it doesn't work out I'd be willing to ship him when he is older if I can get help with shipping cost.

Hand-raising this little guy has made him dear to me. If I wasn't in town, I'd happily hold onto him. I just want to make sure he has a nice, loving home!

2. Robert G

Robert G Songster

Jan 23, 2018
    South Texas
    I hope you do find him a nice home. I recently re-homed 7 young roosters. They were driving my flock crazy with their hormones. I now have 2 young black cochins roosters that will need to be re-homed as well. I have to thank Craigslist for my success on the first 7. I haven't listed the 2 cochins yet.

tootmany likes this.
  3. Kruchti

Kruchti Chirping

Mar 4, 2018
    Galena, Alaska
    Check with 4-h. Maybe he could be a child’s pet project.

tootmany likes this.
  4. tootmany

tootmany Songster

Mar 14, 2018
    SD
    That's actually an awesome idea that I've not considered. 4-H is a big thing around here. Thanks a lot!

5. KDMdesigns

KDMdesigns Songster

May 4, 2016
    Dallas TX
    Craigslist can be a hit or miss.. definitely love the 4-H suggested direction!! Post a photo of the bird!!

6. tootmany

tootmany Songster

Mar 14, 2018
    SD
    Here he is, as of today!
    20180409_140457.jpg 20180409_140439.jpg
    Cute little fella. Officially can see the waddles peeking through :love
    I've contacted some people working with 4H in my area, I guess we will see what happens!

7. KDMdesigns

KDMdesigns Songster

May 4, 2016
    Dallas TX
    Aweee sooo cute and yet so young.. sometimes looks can be deceiving, but good luck...

tootmany likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: