SE Michigan- turken, silkies, Showgirls

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Mom 2em All, Jul 27, 2008.

1. Mom 2em All

Mom 2em All Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2008
    Southeast Michigan
    I have one white silkie, two white show girls, and one brown turken that are looking for a new home. Pick-up or I can meet you, only. I am a half-hour south of Detroit.

I suspect they are all cockerels. The show girls and silkie are eight weeks old, and the turken is two weeks old. The turken may be a mix, I ordered Easter egger eggs and he hatched out of a tan egg. His comb is already turning red and his wattles are red.

edit to add: My 10 week old white silkie crowed this morning.

The others I am only guessing based on behavior- they box, and chase the smaller chicks around. Friendly and I love them, however I definitely cannot keep them if they crow- and I would like to rehome them so they can be settled in before cold weather comes.

I can rehome them as I planned originally at my brother in laws farm- however, his chicken yard is bare- all dirt, and I am rather attached to these guys. I want them to go to better conditions than that. Also he has a problem with rats that eat/kill anything that doesn't roost. These guys do not roost- they huddle in a corner of the coop. [​IMG]

I will add pictures in the next couple days if someone is interested in them.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2008
  2. SoleProvider

SoleProvider Out Of The Brooder

May 20, 2008
    Hi I am interested in your silkies and showgirl roos.. Can you send me pictures or post them?

Thanks

Oh my email is [email protected]

3. Mom 2em All

Apr 20, 2008
    Southeast Michigan
    Hi- I will charge my batteries and post pictures here by morning. Are you close-by?

edit:
    I just took pictures, I need to charge my batteries to upload. Will have them by nighttime. thanks

Last edited: Jul 28, 2008
  4. Mom 2em All

Apr 20, 2008
    Southeast Michigan
    My MOST Favorite ShowGirl....ninety percent sure he's a roo, though...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This one has a bow-tie:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

One of the two Silkies:

[​IMG]

The Turken:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. kelliepulido

kelliepulido Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2008
    st.john's mi
    I love the show girl,and the silkie if they are pullets I would like them I live in st.john's

6. Mom 2em All

Apr 20, 2008
    Southeast Michigan
    I believe the silkies and showgirls have a new home with SoleProvider- and that they are cockerels. However, I still have the turken if anyone is interested.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by