Seabuck 7 reviews

Never heard of it.

OK, I had to google it. The claims don't seem possible. Particularly a 50%-100% increase in egg production and up to 4 weeks earlier start to laying in juveniles
Any time I see such outrageous claims, I tend not to trust any of the information.
It seems like sea buckthorn is the primary ingredient.

If you use it, please let us know your results.
Best of all would be to split the birds into 2 flocks and use that comparing to a control group.

Last edited:
I just read an article about it in Backyard Poultry. I ordered some. Will see what happens. Will order my own plants come spring too and see if I can get them to grow to make my own product. Plus from what I read, it is edible for humans too. Sounds yummy!

I just read an article about it in Backyard Poultry. I ordered some. Will see what happens. Will order my own plants come spring too and see if I can get them to grow to make my own product. Plus from what I read, it is edible for humans too. Sounds yummy!

I've been feeding it sporadically and haven't noticed a difference in health, color/quality of eggs. But I am doing it hit and miss. I keep forgetting to feed it. I put it in a spray bottle so it will be distributed over the food more evenly. They do like it. I have vowed to be more consistent in my feeding of it so I can tell if it is worth the cost.

Have you kept up with the seabuck7? I have been wondering if this is something to try.

Yes, I don't really see a difference. Hard to tell if it is making them healthier. I did buy some of the plants to grow my own since it is so expensive. Indiana Berry co. sells the plants.

I just Google Buckthorn, which is a group of trees and shrubs, considered an invasive plant many places. There were amazing claims for it's medicinal properties, and they sounded like snake oil to me. Nothing is that good!!! Mary

I just Google Buckthorn, which is a group of trees and shrubs, considered an invasive plant many places. There were amazing claims for it's medicinal properties, and they sounded like snake oil to me. Nothing is that good!!! Mary

Buckthorn is a bad crop and illegal in many states but these plants are Sea Buckthorn. Different species.

2 weeks into Seabuck7. Observations.

First observation. Bottle looks tiny compared to the picture on Seabuck's website. Granted, it says 32oz somewhere. The picture looks like a gallon. $1.06oz. Ok.

Second, the liquid form, as others experienced is not easy to mix in food. Nor can you put it into the water supply. I did find however, that once my girls acquired a taste for it, they will drink it straight. So now, I just give it to them in a dish.

Benefits:

Yes, I did see an increase in egg production. But, the last couple of days, it has slowed again. So, not really conclusive.
My bullied Americauna was looking a little thin. She loves drinking the stuff. She has put on some weight, and has some feathers growing back where they were plucked out.
But, I also put pinless peepers on the bully around the time I started giving out the Seabuck. Again inconclusive.

I will however keep monitoring and post once I have more conclusive data.

Back
Top Bottom