Seafood Nacho's?

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by Steve_of_sandspoultry, Dec 4, 2009.

1. Steve_of_sandspoultry

Steve_of_sandspoultry Overrun With Chickens

Has anybody ever heard of it or tried it? They were talking about it on the radio this morning and from what I heard it's shrimp, scallops, crabmeat, black olives, mushrooms, onions topped with melted pepper jack cheese. I have never even heard of it before but it sounded interesting. The plan is to make some tonight......... if I never post again it was bad. [​IMG]

Steve in NC

2. Frogdogtimestwo

Frogdogtimestwo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2008
    Sounds like something my family would eat, our favorite quick night dinner is rotisserie chicken nachos.
    Here is a recipe originally from Family circle magazine, courtesy of Recipezaar
    http://www.recipezaar.com/Seafood-Nachos-36218 sounds like it's similar.

3. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Quote:ooh yum! Please explain how its done...
    cold seafood? seafood in a sauce? I need more info... [​IMG]

4. Frogdogtimestwo

Frogdogtimestwo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2008
  5. Steve_of_sandspoultry

Steve_of_sandspoultry Overrun With Chickens

I didn't catch the cooking part. I think we will steam the shrimp and scallops, the crab is allready cooked so just warm that up. slice the black olives and onions and put that over the chips. melted cheese over that.

Steve

6. redhen

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Quote:[​IMG] but what is lobster base? can i buy it at the store? [​IMG]

7. bargain

bargain Love God, Hubby & farm Premium Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Bowdon, GA
    Hi Steve, please please try a stir fry on those shrimp, quickly with some oil....It will be more intense shrimp flavor.

This does make me seafood hungry!

Red hen, the Lobster base is generally in refrigerated gourmet ----- stores that cater more to chefs, etc., not easily found in "everyday grocery stores.....Unless you have a really great gourmet section....This stuff is very expensive at about $18 a pint last I bought some years ago.... I'd be tempted to find some cream of lobster soup and try a substitution.... The base is paste bouillon.... Hubby used to be a chef, so we have interested stuff growing in our refrigerator:lol:

Last edited: Dec 4, 2009
  8. blueberrylu

blueberrylu Chillin' With My Peeps

Seafood nachos are awesome!!! I make a cheaper version with the imitation crab meat that are pretty good.

9. KatyTheChickenLady

KatyTheChickenLady Bird of A Different Feather

Dec 20, 2008
    Boise, Idaho
    Quote:[​IMG] but what is lobster base? can i buy it at the store? [​IMG]

in the section near chicken base and beef base for soup. Not all stores will carry it but many do. It is very good!

10. redhen

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Thanks guys! Now i have a craving.. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by