sealing a chicken coop floor.

Thompson water seal is a waste of money IMO, as it needs to be reapplied often so especially not a great choice for a coop floor...but once dry it probably wouldn't hurt the chooks.

Lots of people use sheet or tile vinyl....or Blackjack57 which is a roll or brush on roofing material.

I used sheet vinyl for a seamless water proof barrier.

There's lots of options, so a search on 'floor' and you'll find lots of ideas.

advanced search>titles only>floor

We use a 8 x 10 tarp that fits the coop almost perfectly. Does a great job and I think will come in handy in the spring when we move some of the deep litter to the garden. We should be able to lift the corners and pull the entire tarp - with litter - out for cleaning.

We used some of those self-adhesive linoleum tiles, since that provided the cheapest route at the time. I would NOT do this again. The tiles easily pull up after a short while and once that happens they will never go back down after the bedding gets wedged underneath.

I had planned on replacing the tiles with a sheet of linoleum this spring, but I like Mt Laurel's idea very much. Tarps are cheaper than linoleum, and the possibility of removing the tarp completely for cleaning is a very attractive option.

Back
Top Bottom